Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What's the plastic material on the side decks?

The one pic is at pre purchase inspection... notice broken dodgers. I removed the whole corner piece. I could see a sunbrella spray curtain all around, but that plastic stuff ranks right up there with Fuller brush port lights !! If you went with a 1/2 corner, I would make a nice broad radius thats kind of pleasing to the eye. Maybe four or five times larger that the original mouse hole ! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-03-2007 at 08:19 AM.

Mike and Friends,
    Here are some shots of the cutouts in my dodger board corner pieces. No problems dealing with lines either from ashore or on board. Were I to replace them, I'd do them the same way.
    Will
    Attached Images

interesting how all these boats are different... I think i like my stern corners best :-) i have a larger cutout with some SS trim on each side, thrubolted together sandwiching the material... the larger openign make it easier to pass lines thru....

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thats a nice custom refit... I like the re-enforcing pipe and the chrome handrail corners too. I still think I would raise the cut-out so its easier to reach from over the rail. Beer guts seem to hamper this. Actually, I try to put the eye end on the boat and heave the bitter end ashore. It also pays to have the line ready well in advance. Do you have a shore power inlet on the back porch as well? Mine is up on the front deck only and I would sure like one aft... ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-03-2007 at 08:19 AM.

5. Re: What's the plastic material on the side decks?

Hummm,
    See Pascal has a SS pipe that my boat doesn't have just off the deck running horozontal . I only have the vertical pipes......

But then HE IS Capt Jack Sparrow.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

the other side (port) has the same set up but doesn't have a the large chromed piece on the railing and it has a large hinge on the side, about 2' from the corner. seems that there used to be an opening at some time...

Bill, my shore inlets are amidship by the PH doors. ideal location i think since that allows easy routing to the bow or stern. I dock stern to, so i leave the cable in place tied to stanchions leaving only 12' to roll up and store, easy when i leave teh dock.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks for all the pics - very interesting and gives me several ideas of how to proceed...

Great stuff!

i wonder where those frames i have come from... i also have them around the read midship cleats but dont have one around the cut out for the fuel fillers.

i woudl really enlarge the hole, i can't imagine trying to put a line form the outside thru what you have now.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

This may be a funny idea, but I think it's creative nonetheless (pat myself on the back). If both sides are fairly identical, why don't you take the other side off, flip each one over and SWAP them....then cut out a hole in the bottom to pass the lines through. This way you cut out the majority of your crack.

Just a thought.

edit: hmm, I just looked at the pic again and noticed it's already notched out for the line holder.

10. Re: What's the plastic material on the side decks?

I saw a boat some time back that also had "lost" it's corner boards.

They had canvas made to fit the corners. That way they would just roll it up when putting on/taking off a line then would just snap back into place and it looked great as it matched the existing dogerboard.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com