Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone Interested In A Trade

Our family has expanded, and we would like to move up to a 53 or 58 Hat. We currently own a 1987 42' Carver - 4207 - 15' beam, that is in excellent condition. It was a freshwater boat under cover until 2 yrs. ago when we moved it to Orange Beach, Alabama. Is there anyone on this site that possibly might be interested in a trade? Our email is bwilson1@comcast.net or bobby@smbminc.com and phone is 601-270-7882. We have lots of pics to send you if interested.

Re: Anyone Interested In A Trade

Hmmm, a 42' Carver for a 53+ Hatteras. I'm surprised no one is jumping on that one. Just kidding - those darn emoticons aren't working.

I think your interest in moving up is well founded and if you can find a swap arrangement, it could be a home run. Good luck. (insert happy emoticon here)

If anyone would be interested in a trade, we would be happy to negotiate the price difference.

No disrespect intended or taken I hope, but a review of Yachtworld for 42' Carvers in the 1986-88 period shows that the asking prices are about $100-150k below that of a Hatt 53' in the 1970-1982 vintage. The 53's hang around the $250k range if in reasonable shape and have done that for several years. FWIW the highest listed Carver, about $170k, would be about what a fairly low priced $53' would run.

In a strange twist, the 58's may not be as high as priced as are the 53's.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Actually, we have a member with a 58' for sale. Asking $115k.

6. Re: Anyone Interested In A Trade

Gotta link to it, i'm looking for a 58

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Actually, we have a member with a 58' for sale. Asking $115k.

Email Freebird (Randy) at sosectn@aol.com - I'm quite certain it's his boat that Passages is talking about.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Email Freebird (Randy) at sosectn@aol.com - I'm quite certain it's his boat that Passages is talking about.
    Ang is right. Randy is a 2 boat owner and wants to unload his 58'. It's in Florida. Sent him an email.

Quote Originally Posted by spartonboat1 View Post
    Any logical reason for that?

Just for fun, I searched YW for 53' and 58' for 1975 through 1981 model years...throw out the LRC since that's a totally different animal. Sort the prices from high to low, and other than one of them (listed for $465K and very "original looking" so I question the validity of such a high price), the 53 didn't show up consistently until the around Page 3 with the 58s being primarily at the top of the list sorted by price, and the 53s took over consistently around page 4 with a few 58s thrown in for good measure. Based upon what I'm seeing tonight, I'm not convinced that the 58s are priced less than the 53s for the most part.

Now, what are these boats really selling for? No one will ever be able to compare, search and sort those numbers because there is no legitimate reporting source for sold boat prices.

There are bargains to be had for every model of boat, especially these days (unless you plan on keeping it in Florida). Some of the boats I'm still seeing today have been on the market since I started looking over 3 years ago.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com