Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fathers & Sons, Please Read This

Father's Day is next Sunday, and we are all very blessed compared to one father in South Carolina who enjoyed boating with his son for the last time this past Friday. I hope this post is not inappropriate, but we are all indeed very fortunate if we never have to tell a boating story such as this one.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/...en-ripped-out/

Vick Grout
    Greer State Bank
    PO Box 1029
    Greer, SC 29652-1029

2. Re: Fathers & Sons, Please Read This

"hope this isn't inappropriate," I should hope not.

I have one son, one son in law and (as of the latest one being born last Thrusday) now 3 grandsons.

This along with one daughter, one daughter in law and 2 grand daughters.

Two of my co workers have lost young kids, one was hit by a car, the other died in his sleep (SDS). Both were under 5.

I cannot imagine losing one of my family. And hope I never find out what it's like.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Fathers & Sons, Please Read This

It's absolutely gut wrenching.

I used to scuba dive Lake Jocassee and it's veeerrrry deep.

At a lake party (Lake Wylie) I threw back around 1965 for high school graduation Beau met Donna. A few years and some 5 children later they lost a four year old who fell off Beau's dad's dock (same lake) and drowned. You never get over that sort of thing.

My heart goes out for these people.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Fathers & Sons, Please Read This

I just noticed this on the same news story. Let's all see if we can offer more than just sympathy and prayer for this family.

http://joshua-dorchak.blogspot.com/