Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

sport,er house, er uglyboat?

Here is an odd one....

and another.....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

2. Re: sport,er house, er uglyboat?

I can't believe someone spent good money on that!
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Re: sport,er house, er uglyboat?

Well, maybe it was good money til he spent it....no more calls, please, we have a winner in the "all ugly" contest. It could audition for a job sniffing packages at the airport.

I saw this sign at our marina yesterday: "LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO OWN AN UGLY BOAT." Seems appropriate.

DC

5. Re: sport,er house, er uglyboat?

What were they thinking with the tilted forward window of the salon ?

If they would add some of the large outside mirrors as seen on semi's ......it would be a complete package.

( don't laugh, I actually saw a boat where the owner mounted a couple of those large mirrors from a semi ( he got them at a junk yard ) on the forward hand rails )

6. Re: sport,er house, er uglyboat?

Don't laugh at those big semi side mirrors !

I did a delivery a few years ago and there was zero visiblity of the back of the boat when backing into a slip due to "additions" done.(he added a tiki bar behind the fly bridge and had disconnected the lower station).

The owner had installed those mirrors (he did have enought sense not to make them permanent but did put them in when getting ready to dock) and they worked.

Besides, with the way the rest of the boat looked, the mirrors fit right in !!!
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

What a "creative" example of nautical design. Is that a cat hull? Can't tell from the pic but must be quite a ride in 4' head seas.

I think what moved it from "odd" to "ugly" was the drooping forward cabin window. Even if it were on land it would still appear to be sinking.

Oh well, as P.T. Barnum used to say 'there's an a$$ for every seat'.

Good news! She is actively FOR SALE. You can be the proud new owner. She is gas powered and the axing price is $96,500. Contact your local boat-huckster.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    What a "creative" example of nautical design. Is that a cat hull? Can't tell from the pic but must be quite a ride in 4' head seas.

No it is not a cat.....That is what caught my eye, I have a close up pic I will post. I cant believe they want $90k!
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

10. Re: sport,er house, er uglyboat?

And just where is this beauty located at ?

I myself could see Randy owning it.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com