Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Progress report on the No Hurry

Villamarlin, I'm in Panama City Florida. Where are you located?

I Put the boat back in the water in June I think. It runs great. I just have the basic systems working. I replaced all of the steering lines w/ aeroquip hoses, the bilge pumps have new wiring and the engine harnesses and gauges are new. There is pretty much nothing else is on the boat right now. I've been fishing a few times and it ran flawlessly. 14 hours without turning the engines off on two different trips. We only trolled though, because I haven' t installed a bottom machine yet. See pictures at

http://picasaweb.google.com/webbwarr...AndTUNAMADNESS

of my first trip out of the pass on this boat.

I've been busy with work and my Dad's health has been bad this year. Just not much time to work on the boat.

I signed a contract on a lot to build a new house yesterday. So I probably won't get much done for a while, but I can run it and do some trolling trips.

My new house will be on a deep water canal in Panama City Beach, so I'll be able to keep the boat in the backyard. Once I get to that point I should be able to do alot more work on it. I'd love to hook up with you and share notes on our projects.

Benjy

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like the boat's doing great.

Hope your Dad gets on the rapid come-back trail!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Nice boat and fish

I live in Cape Coral Fl the boat I bought my boat in Georga Started to have engine problems in Datona Fl so I pulled it out there. its a 5 hour drive to work on it.

Anyhow my son just got moved to Panama City he is in the Navy and doing his dive training there. he has 8 months of training. I was hoping to get the repower complete and bring it up there before he leaves. at the rate I am moving along i should have repower by Xmas.

I fish Mexico in May and hope to have completed by March. I spoke to a guy about a pipe enclosure in Panama City who gave me a great price a few months ago then I lost his name do you know who it might be 30 years in business???
    i know it not much to go on.
    Enjoy Steve

Steve, I send you an email.

Benjy

Benjy, the boat looks great. What kind of performance are you getting with the 250hp Cummins engines? Do you have any detail photos of the boat to post? I would be interested to see them.

This was the boat that belonged to Chapman's, right? You have done a great job with it, you ought to be proud of it.

Jim, thanks for the Kudos, however I honestly haven't done alot yet other that strip out the inside. As noted earlier I have replaced all hydraulic lines. I also had the fuel tanks cleaned. I took off the heat exchangers and had them cleaned, repacked shafts and rudders and a few other minor things.

As far as the engines go, they have run great so far. I have changed fuel filter about five times due to the gunk and trash in fuel system, but I think that's all taken care of now.

I been out on two all day trips where I ran approx 120 miles each trip, mostly trolling at 9 to 12 knots. Both times we were on the water about 14 hours.

The fist trip I changed fuel filters halfway thru the day. the second trip didn't require a filter change.

I don't have a floscan, but I'm getting 1 mile per gal total. which wouldn't be bad at all if fuel wasnt almost $3/gal.

I can cruise at about 16 kts at 2100 rpms. Seems to be the sweet spot. WOT is 2600 rpms and it will run 22-23 knots in smooth water at WOT, we hit 26 kts when I sea trialed it, but it can't maintain that speed, nor would I want to run it WOT.

I'll try to attach some pics I have before I started the demolition phase. I have some more recent pics on my camera, but I haven't transferred them to my computer yet.

Later,
    Benjy
    Attached Images

more photos
    Attached Images

more
    Attached Images

some more
    Attached Images