Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New letters

Re: New letters

We will be there give me a call. I may try to fish Sat day or Sat night, not sure which.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Good looking boat Tod. I like the look without a swim step.
    I notice your exhausts are half submerged. Is that with full fuel, or is it just because of the "extra" weight of the enclosed bridge?
    Mine have about 2" of water in them at rest with 800 gallons in the aft tank and only 75 in the forward, and 100 gallons more or less of water (forward).
    Could there be that much weight difference in our boat's construction?
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

With full fuel in both tanks and some water, my exhausts only have about 2" above water which creates a really nice spray pattern of raw water exhaust for anyone standing behind the boat on startup. In the slings this Spring, MicroKap weighed in at a hefty 88,000 pounds with full fuel.

This weekend, I hope to get a few pictures taken so I can put them up so we can all compare what was original and what wasn't but looks original. Last week, we got rid of the non working bait freezer in the pump room. Boy, did it smell. The door has stayed closed for almost 3 years. The previous owner put it in. It was a free standing unit that was pretty nice looking, but as he said, "Bait and a power failure at the dock are a bad combination". It always smelled. They stopped using it about 8 years ago. I finally got around to taking off the stairs from the galley down to the staterooms to pull it out. It was definitely a job for more than one person. It's amazing how much more room there is now. Now, I can see what's really been behind it for the past few years and I can clean up the area. It'll make a good place for my tool chest instead of having it behind the washer/dryer in front of the a/c units and water heater.

Tod and Luckdave, I'd love to see more pictures to get some more good ideas about how to take care of some items.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

That is full water, full fuel both tanks. The holding tank is empty. When she gets light on fuel the exahust will rise just out of the water. The real PITA is setting gear while the exahust drops under water and you get a face full of spray.

I was going to pull the stairs to get out our non working washer/dryer. I opted to release a little whoop azz on it and remove it piece by piece . I really like having the freezer down there. I am going to put in a all in 1 washer/dryer and raise it off the floor for more storage. I opted for hanging bags instead of a tool chest. If you look at the ER door you will see a couple of them. I have like ten of them. I am working utillity room now here is the only pic I have.

1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

before and after

Here's a couple of before (before I bought her) and after (I wiped some craftsmanship on her) pics in the pump room.

After new pumps and wholesale plumbing re do

The shelves before

And after

I have a bunch more pics on my confuser at home, but I'm at the office right now....

This may turn into some competition. Other forum members may get bored of seeing painted white engine rooms and pump rooms.

On another note, anyone have a good contact for replacement turbo blankets? Mine are about shot.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Fresh white paint in the engine room.

I win the cleanest engine room competition........

Dave wins, I count 14 Ts and elbows in 1 pic ::O

Blankets.....http://www.mmxhaust.com/
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

I count 14 Ts and elbows in 1 pic

True. But at least they're all bronze, with new clamps and reinforced hose instead of the "mystery" plastic I replaced, and I can switch to the backup pump in a second by throwing the "Y" valve and a switch, and I can remove either pump without disturbing or losing the service of the other. My manifolding has 1/3 the parts count of the mess I tore out.
    Also, the pumps are now in the corner instead of right in the middle of the deck, freeing up more room.

I lose hands down!! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 06-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.