Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1973 43ft. DCMY

1973 43ft. DCMY

This yacht has to many upgrades to list.It shows very well with no dissapointments.The name is SILVER LINING,and it is located in Daytona Beach,Florida.It is the flybridge model,with two full heads. Galley is down with full size refridgerator,microwave,3 burner stove with oven. The salon has been professionally decorated,as well as the rest of the boat. It has the original 671N detroits with 2800hrs. New 7kw genset with 300hrs.,2 16000 btu marine air units. Please feel free to call any time,Richard 407 247 5166 or e-mail barbi260@cfl.rr.com. Many more pics available. Offered at 125,000
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mad hatta; 06-05-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Re: 1973 43ft. DCMY

Richard just a note given in the best intention. There are pretty much no 43 selling for that much with original power. Mines been the market for about a year in N.J. for 115 i'm not willing to drop the price so i'm not really concerned. The only D.C. that have sold on yacht world have been almost given away. The market is very depressed right now. Even for our wonderful boats. Wish you the best, Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

I been looking for a 43' Hatteras. I looked at sereral and either they need to much work or the price is very high. But I'm still looking.

It is an interesting market. I am under 100k and not getting any serious inquiries. The engines have less than 600 hrs and the boat is stabalized to boot. I will have it in the hands of a Broker next week.

If you list with a Broker can you sell her outright without the broker?

Barney

Hello Barney- It is my intent to give the Broker an Exclusive Right to sell. This is a "Sweet" boat.

If you look there are quite a few very nice boats out there. I think mines one of the nice ones. I've seen some that may be nicer than mine. The issue many times comes down to what you want out of the boat. Stabilizers are a nice feature to have when you make the run outside, something I wouldn't mind having, except for the cost. Inverters, good air contioners and a later model genset are nice as well, all can become quite expensive to add or replace. Of course the condition of the drive train is paramount. The 6-71's are tops despite their age. I took mine to the keys from N.J. and she didn't miss a beat. Electronics add little real value unless they are very current. I love my 43 dc and every time I do anything to it i'm impressed by it's quality. Despite their age they're many times better than the alternatives. I have/ had the hots for a y.f. so thats why I put her on the market. But when I sit in the salon, adult beverage in hand I wonder why give her up. I'll take her to the bahamas next winter I know her, trust her and a Hatt will bring you back. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

We have quite a few buyers out there without a clue as to what they are looking for. When it comes to exceptional Yachts like ours a buyer has to know the diiference between the good ones and the bad ones. And I think the only way to know is to have looked at a few boats.

Finalee is ready to go in comfort anywhere one would like to. The stabalizers are near maintanance free and provide a stable ride under conditions other non Hatts would turn back. And the 6v92 engines provide that little extra to get her up on plane without a struggle. I am very serious about selling the boat. $100,000 is a steal. So all you ready willing and able buyers of a 43 double cabin this is it.

Wish I didn't already have mine. Boy do I agree about the buyers, it's an interesting market. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.