Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    38BAT Guest

Looking for the right Hatt

Well, this is probably a stretch but the market seems soft so here goes...

I am in the market for a Hatteras 58 yachtfish or similar up to 70'. We are planning on spending a couple of years cruising with our two boys(5 and 7). Also would consider a 58 motoryacht if the price was low enough to accomodate me adding a cockpit. In order to make the move at this time however, I need to sell our current boat and some Real Estate. I did have one seller offer to owner finance a boat for me, allowing me to begin readying and him to stop "bleeding" with moorage, maintenence etc.. So, if you have a hatteras that may meet my needs please let me know. If you would consider financing it with a 20% down payment that would be even better. Location is not important. Any other feedback is also appreciated. Thanks! JOE

Re: Looking for the right Hatt

I have a 70 cpm 1991 in like new condition. Perfect for you. My age has forced me to get out of boating. I will accept trades, will trade realestate, and help finance if needed. My boat is in Jeckel Isle Ga. Has been captain maintained with an open checkbook. Please call me at 828 692 8506 WW Gilman

38BAT Guest

Thanks, looks like a beautiful yacht. Unfortunately I think it is a little out of my price range.

So what IS your price range?
    It's hard to help if you leave out the most important part!

Sounds like a fishing expedition.

When I go fishing, I try to use bait. I seem to have better luck that way.

38BAT Guest

"Fishing" is a fair enough jab. I am looking at a couple of things. First, I would consider a cosmetic project assuming the price was where it would need to be. Beyond that, most (58 yf, 58cpmy, 58my, 64my)nice boats that I have looked at were in the 250k to 400k range. I know this sounds broad but as you know, condition can vary greatly. As an aside, looks like I have a solid offer on some waterfront property so I will be in the market sooner than I thought. JOE

Quote Originally Posted by wwgilman View Post
    I have a 70 cpm 1991 in like new condition. Perfect for you. My age has forced me to get out of boating. I will accept trades, will trade realestate, and help finance if needed. My boat is in Jeckel Isle Ga. Has been captain maintained with an open checkbook. Please call me at 828 692 8506 WW Gilman
    WW: Hope this is not a rude question, but at what age or what reduction in mobility does one need to leave boating?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

I purchased my boat from a gentleman paralyzed from the neck down. He was in that condition when he bought it. He tired of boating and has since moved on to Home building. Hope this helps answer your question. I have have gotten out of boating 10 times in the last 54 years.

38batt

I may be able to help I have a 58' 1974 Totally Professionally re-fit. I can do financing.

954-818-2054

Thanks, Christopher T.