Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: A Bittersweet Day

Just got a call from the broker informing me the buyer has been approved for financing. Survey & sea trial tomorrow.

I'm getting scared - it might actually sell.

2. Re: A Bitterweet Day

Well, you know the old saying.... but I know how you feel. It was tough watching Gigabite go.....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: A Bittersweet Day

One step Closer.

Engine surveyed OK except for a minor tune up adjustment. Hull survey was not perfect but found nothing that can't be worked out.

sigh...

Farewell Passages

Papers are signed. Buyer accepted without ANY survey adjustments.

I went down to the boat to to remove the last bit of my stuff.

I fired up the engines one last time and they lit right off with only 15 seconds of smoke. As I sat in the helm, I reflected on the adventures and good time the boat provided. I remember, first buying the boat and marveling at the wonders of a DD6-71 and not having a clue what I was looking at. Thanks to the contributors here and on Boatdiesel, I can now hold my own in any Diesel discussion. I reluctantly turned off the engines for the final time.

I took a last pass through the rooms as to say goodbye.

I stepped off the boat and admired her sitting proud, gelcoat gleaming. A beautiful sight to behold.

I turned toward the car and could not look back. As I left the marina - it started to rain.

Farewell my friend.

Re: A Bitterweet Day

Its a sad day when a hatteras is sold but a great day when one is bought. Remember the new owner is as happy as you are sad. Hopefully they will take good care of her.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

My condolences on your loss and congrats on your future purchase! You are officially out of the difficult position of trying to sell a boat for fair money in a depressed market and now you are in the much more desirable position of searching for a new (to you) boat in a real buyers market! GOOD LUCK!!!

I literally have bad or a least bummed dreams of ever having to sell my Roamer. My dad bought the boat in '73 and when he died in '80 I bought it from the estate. Even with the big sub, she is dear to my heart, and in inside storage under visquine. Next year when the Hatt is high and dry, Ill get the gas boat wet again. (sniffles ). Boats have caused me to live like a pauper since I was 18 !
    As TH said, you are now in a great spot to be looking at yachts for sale. In '73 it was the same due to the fuel crisis. FORKEM !!! I speet in Achmeds' eyes !!!
    PTOOEY !!!
    Good luck in your search; and if you spot any freshwater stuff up this way you need to investigate, you have several brethren here that will happily look at stuff for you. I recommend a gallon of Dago Red tonite... ws