Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boats for Sale, with no pics ????

Whats the deal with all of the sellers wanting to sell thier
    "Beautiful", "Upgraded", "lots of new this and that" "repainted" Boats, and then NOT including prices and or pictures ??????

From my point of view as a shopper/buyer, you only frustrate me, as I'm not going to call/email you to get pics in order to determine if the boat in question is worthy of further investigation or consideration...

That also goes for "call me for price"... NOT, put a price on the boat, and let me determine if I want to call you and see if we can come to some terms.

This is only MY opinion, but, from years of selling I can tell you that ads with NO price or PICS will get few if any responses...

2. Re: Boats for Sale, with no pics ????

I see lots of ads without prices, locations, engine details, all the stuff that a buyer wants to know right away. Being a broker I chuckle that these sellers will be calling some broker some day to get their boat marketed the right way.

Imagine going to search on Yacht World and not have prices.

Tucker Fallon

Re: Boats for Sale, with no pics ????

I have noticed that when someone posts a "for sale" and they do not include pics or price, usually the first response is from someone asking for those items. I agree that both are necessary to properly market your boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

4. Re: Boats for Sale, with no pics ????

I'm one of the folks to pick on people here who don't post both with the original ad...... partly because I'm interested in possibly acquiring another Hatt, but also partly because I can't imagine that many people will be interested in a boat without both stated right up front.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

The price is important. Would the group please make candid comments regarding my 43 dc. Both price and lots of pictures are posted. (Finalee )

Hello. Just so all of you guys know, I have had 2 very interested parties on my boat, one the day after I put the ad in.

Quote Originally Posted by captken
    Hello. Just so all of you guys know, I have had 2 very interested parties on my boat, one the day after I put the ad in.
    And you have others like me who are seriously shopping that may put it aside over another that has all information including price and pics upfront...why keep it a secret?
    Shep
    St. Simons Island, GA

I always assume if there's no price posted, then it's not a bargain and I never call. After all, why wouldn't price be important to buyers who are looking for used boats? If it weren't, we'd be in the Hatteras dealership., buying new.

there is a thing called (testing the water) sometimes it works??????

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee
    The price is important. Would the group please make candid comments regarding my 43 dc. Both price and lots of pictures are posted. (Finalee )
    I have been in the market looking for a boat for sometime. Your reduced asking price of $99k seems reasonable. From the pictures, your boat appears to be in very good condition and well-kept. For comparison, I know of a very good condition '72 43DC with flybridge in Michigan sold for mid 90's last fall. Your 6v92's and Naiads offset a 8v53's freshwater boat. The market conditions have probably tilted a bit more to the buyers' side since last fall. There is also a '80 43DC with flybridge, 671TI's (390hp), and Naiads for sale in Michigan asking $129k.

Best of luck!