Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Enough to make a grown man cry!

When I was looking I looked at a 41C in Montauk that could make that one look good. It has been gone for a while now hoping its somewhere getting redone. So instead I bought my 34C that also looked worse then that 41'
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

That's funny... I did the same. One fo the other HOF members checked out a 41 SC in Mystic for me. (Thanks again Dave!) He said it was a train wreck with hull damage and a general dibilitated condition. My 34 is not a train wreck but I fear it is only a practice run for the 41 I'll end up with. I'm not even close to being ready to put the 34 in the water and I am already "planning" for a 41. It's a sickness.

You are absolutely right. It is a sickness. My Hatt is nowhere ready to go in the water yet and because I bought a new o/b motor for the 11' Whaler I need to repaint it because I won't be able to stand the look of the new engine on the tired looking hull. ( Of course the paint needs to match the dk blue Hatt )Amazing the things we get fixated on. ( Oh well at least it keeps me off the streets )
    Fred

I have thought about this stuff before...I mean, how often does one come across a Hatt that has the possiblility of being brought back from the "dead"? Besides the web, and talking to folks and browsing the boat yards, how often do you see these boats just sitting there looking for someone to love them??? Just curious???? And do you see more Converts. than motor yatchs?

For the average person it is not worth bringing them back up to par. You could drop 100k with out blinking an eye.......
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

dan,

i think i looked at the same 41. i used to go out their early spring to go golfing and saw it one year. on the left side of the yard, out by the gate?
    i think they started asking around 50K and went down every year.

jim
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

THoward is right - unfortunately.

Even a Hatt can get to the point of no return. This is especially true of submerged boats.

We've been saying time & time again, get the nicest boat your budget will allow. Even a cream puff will provide plenty of opportunity for improvements.

BE NICE !! The old sub used 2 quarts of oil on each 12-71 on the last 800 mile run from Iuka to Chicago. Now I leave it low on the stick and consumption is near ZERO.
    So far with expenses, I'm into her for about 75K.
    Never could have done it otherwise! ws

Willie, you are not average Joe for sure
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill
    BE NICE !! The old sub used 2 quarts of oil on each 12-71 on the last 800 mile run from Iuka to Chicago. Now I leave it low on the stick and consumption is near ZERO.
    Leaving it low on the stick works for me also. I think that's true of all 2 stroke DD's.
    Trav
    45C 447, Series I, '72
    Pensacola, Fl