Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Enough to make a grown man cry!

I first spotted her last February somewhere in upper South Carolina.

Saw her again mid April and made these pics.

Don't know the history behind her but possibly owner could have fell ill or whatever. Maybe she's tied up in an estate.

Regardless, we all see this time to time. It's a shame it is not properly maintained or sold off to someone who would care about her.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

(hope these images came through, my first time)
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Enough to make a grown man cry!

Bill,

Is she sitting behind the Crab Shack on Little River? If so I saw her last week when I was running a MY to the MBYC. Sad isn't it?

Erich

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Erich
    Bill,

Is she sitting behind the Crab Shack on Little River? If so I saw her last week when I was running a MY to the MBYC. Sad isn't it?

Erich
    Yep! You nailed it.

Have you ever had any better fired shrimp than the Crab Shack?
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

The shrimp is pretty good. How about the deep fried corn on the cob? Who says southern cooking is bad for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Erich
    The shrimp is pretty good. How about the deep fried corn on the cob? Who says southern cooking is bad for you?
    Recoginze this?

Capt'n Bill

Men's bathroom at the Stillwater in Beaufort, NC

Actually, hangs on the rear wall at Crab Catchers - really (but you have to get past the bar to get that far, etc., etc.).
    Capt'n Bill

Not the worst one I've ever seen, if she still has a bottom in her, but I've already done the box on the lifetime list that says "Restore Hatteras Yacht"...

There is a 26 or 28 footer doing the same thing up here. Been setting for 8 years. With a pair of 4 cylinder ti DD. Go figure.

BILL

If you want to start the restoration by painting the hull just leave it where it is.

It is a shame. I searched for a 38-41 for a while and saw many but none in that condition. The vessel deserves better.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.