Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy This is going to hurt! Please bare with me I am new to this.

[IMG] Ciao Bella [/IMG] If I did this right there will be a picture of my Baby, her name is Ciao Bella. I bought her in 1997 from a nice lady who's husband had recently passed it was his boat and he was the real second owner. She became a relationship that I thought I would take my last breath on. I splashed her in the end of 1999 with 3 years of all my love and money dedicated to her. She was still only 90 percent done though the rest I could finish in the water. Each time when I went to her it seemed she would beg me to take her for a ride. At first I felt I needed help to handle the boat, but after a time I practiced single handed and became an expert at it. So any time day or night I could just go for a ride. Life was good! I live in a coastal area in the central west coast of Florida, weather I was visiting friend that live on the water, stopping at a local watering hole, or cruising up or down the coast watching the sun go down we were inseparable. Everything was going fine I met a wonderful woman and she enjoys sharing the time with me and a great boater. Then!! I sold my business of 22 years and opened up a restaurant. I know when you get done laughing I still think it is the right move. There is a lot of potential in it and it is going great. The Problem. I need more capital and have exhausted my liquid, so as usual everyone say sell the toys not your real-estate the property will go up in value the boat will only go down. These people including my dad that still has his first boat a 1963 beismeyer 16ft fiberglass speed boat still in the garage obviously don't understand what a Hatteras is! Let alone a vintage 1972 36 Sport Fish Convertible with Cats in her. Why when things get tight we need to sell the things we worked so hard for in the first place our toys, to say oh, you can always buy another toy later. So the reason of this short sad story is I don't want to sell my boat, but if it comes to it, I would prefer that she finds a home with a Hatteras enthusiast that doesn't live anywhere near me; I couldn't bear to see her running with out me onboard. I’m open to other alternatives including selling my dad’s boat (Just kidding). I’m not that bad off though conventional financing doesn’t look well at a new food business even if you have 22 years of running a business experience.

Re: This is going to hurt! Please bare with me I am new to this.

Wow,
    Sorry for you loss! I too am starting a new restaurant business and have my 36 1971 up for sale but, it is only to move up to a 53YF. I hope I do not end up like that. I am 3/4 of the way done on the renovation and hopefully will be opening in a month or so. Good luck with yours
    Dave
    PS the pics did not come through.
    [url]www.carolinamarinegroup.com

Smile Re: This is going to hurt! Please bare with me I am new to this.

Thanks Hatterass for the thread, Great Name. Appreciate your sympathy, but I haven’t given up yet. You sound like you have a big restaurant plan to already be moving up in size, I hope you do well. What style of place are you opening? I opened in Dec. 2006 a fast take-out BBQ style (Boss Hog Ribs.com) that we’re planning for multi-locations, so far we have been doing well. And though or first store was set up as a prototype, are initial systems with a little tweaking work great. Employees on the other hand have been the challenge.
    I’m still working on sizing my photos will have them up ASAP, would like to see pics of your 1971 36. Have you splashed her yet and been using her? And have you been doing the restoration? Thanks

Ok, I'm hungry and can almost smell the BBQ here in PA. Read about you at http://www.agr.state.nc.us/Ncproduct...te.asp?ID=2641

YUM

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

We are doing an espresso bar. we will have a variety of foods and chocolate. this will be my 4 th company I own. I also own a charter business- (good right off). Boat is in the water and as soon as it drys out I will be on the water. I already have charters booked for this year. I have pics. on this site under Hatterass. I hope to be open in the next month. And yes the employees will be you biggest head ache.
    Dave
    Ps bring the ribs to CT they are getting big up hear.
    [url]www.carolinamarinegroup.com