Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/C Maintenance

dwaynec Guest

A/C Maintenance

Sometime in the recent past there were some messages about cleaning the fins in the air conditioners. I have tried to find the messages, but the search is not being overly cooperative.

My question is what do I clean the fins with? It seems that a low pressure sprayer would be necessary so the fins don't get bent. What sort of cleaning solution should be used?

Moving to our summer slip this coming weekend and I want to get the reverse cycles up and running.

Thanks,
    Dwayne

antiqua7hotmailcom Guest

ac

Funny I was just taking a break from cleaning the AC, what I use is "air conditioner coil" foaming cleaner. I got it Home Depot. It works great, Cleans with no mess...A great product. I put a filter over the coil to catch most of the dirt, but I clean then once a year, along with the stainer. Happy Boating, Capt. KEN

67HAT34C Guest

Re: ac

DONT USE COMPRESSED AIR, WILL BEND THE FINS.

USE THE ACID FOAM CLEANER. IT IS AN ACID AND DETERGENT MIX. HOME DEPT HAS IT AS WELL AS AC SUPPLY COMPANIES. CHEEPER AT AC SUPPLY HOUSE. USE THE STUFF TO CLEAN YOU HVAC ALSO .

IF COOLING FINS GET BENT THERE IS A COMB YOU CAN BY AT THE AC SUPPLY HOUSE THAT WILL FIX IT.