Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

454 Crusaders opposite rotating set-just rebuilt

I am working through a repower at the moment and as a result will be putting up my freshly rebuilt, less than 100hrs of use 1985 454 model 350 crusader engines. They had a full rebuild and come with the transimissons. All parts like the alternators, starters, ect are new. The engines were painted crusader blue but as usual, after only 1 year some of the paint isn't quite as perfect as it was when I installed them. (You must have to bake it on!) I also will, if time permits, complete the rebuild process for the rochester carbs. I have the kits and if I don't have the time will add them to the deal as well. I may have other parts to put in with the package as well.

Other items will also be up for sale when I get the chance to remove them....my brand new floscan twin scan guages installed with the rebuilt engines, my older westerbeke 4kw generator.

I haven't even come up with a price yet for all of this stuff so if you have an offer email me. As soon as I can sit down and think about it I will post prices, but no unreasonable offer will be refused. These engines are ready to be used. You do not need to do anything to them other than install them.

I also...have a set of brand new 454 crusader oem mounts...they were like $500 new and only sat in my boat for the last year.

Entertain me with offers until I can think about the prices...figured I'd post this just to give the heads up. I may even put this stuff up on ebay, but I'd rather sell to a forum member. If you're close to me I may even deliver some of it, including the engines.

Re: 454 Crusaders opposite rotating set-just rebuilt

From what I've seen out there I came up with the following:

Both engines: $7500 obo

The generator: $1200 obo

The twin scan floscans: New about $750, $550 obo

They must be reasonable offers.

Thanks,

Jack

can you tell me more? FWC who rebuilt

John 617 894-8922