Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

re:vacuflush heads

Could someone please inform me of the particulars regarding the cost of a vacuflush 3000 series head with the requisite vacuum generator? Where can I purchase these products and how difficult is the installation? I now have a Raritan Crown that works fine but the Admiral would like something more reminiscent of home. Thanks for any help you may offer , Bruce

Re: vacuflush heads

installation is not difficult for a handy person. i'm sure costs have changed since i did mine a few years ago, so i'll leave that alone. i purchased the equipment from sealand in ny.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

I just finished installing a Vacu-Flush 5000 about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what the difference is between 3000 & 5000 but, the toilet and vacuum generator/tank cost me $1000.00, and I ordered it over the phone from a company called Marine Sanitation in Seattle. They shipped fast and were very helpful when I called for help over a couple of minor installation questions I had.The installation was straight foward and Marine Sanitation send me a cd-rom with all of the install instuctions .tips and user guide. The whole system works so well I should have done it before.If you PM me I will send you the cd-rom.

Quote Originally Posted by scottwvyc
    I just finished installing a Vacu-Flush 5000 about 2 weeks ago. Not sure what the difference is between 3000 & 5000 but, the toilet and vacuum generator/tank cost me $1000.00, and I ordered it over the phone from a company called Marine Sanitation in Seattle. They shipped fast and were very helpful when I called for help over a couple of minor installation questions I had.The installation was straight foward and Marine Sanitation send me a cd-rom with all of the install instuctions .tips and user guide. The whole system works so well I should have done it before.If you PM me I will send you the cd-rom.
    Wow, I was just quoted $600+ just for a replacement vacuum pump. Might explain why my 48MY has a couple of new units.

5. Re: vacuflush heads

I spoke with the folks in Seattle today.

As a dealer ( person in the trade ) I get discounts. Their discount was better than the other sealand prices, however I am not in their territory . I must buy from the east coast distributor......sigh !

Sealand has very strict selling guidelines set up in their organization.

And they are proud of their products.

Funny how a larger porcelain toilet as in your home will cost literally hundreds less than a small porcelain toilet with some plastic added to it.