Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

37' 1977 S/F for sale

37' 1977 Tophatt & Tails For sale twin J & T 671 N's. Recent rebuild, 8 kw Onan, new head, new water pump, new canvas, new HW Heater, new radio, Runs great and economical. Pipe welders tower, tuna door, winch.
    $79,000 For quick sale Phone 561 714 8612 David Culpepper
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tophatt&Tails; 03-26-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Re: 37' 1977 S/F for sale

David

Just curious since we have a 37C: where did you put the new H/W tank and if in the same place (port outside of the engine) what brand fits? Good luck wih the sale. Great boat and I paid a lot more than your asking only a year ago.
    Hal
    Hal
    Stonington,CT
    "ARETE" 37C
    Hull #HATBF3800579
    Vessel #US608410

hello David
    could you please e-mail some photos to me at jjg@Gallegosrj.com, we have been thinking about getting a 37.
    thanks
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by hcalmar
    David

Just curious since we have a 37C: where did you put the new H/W tank and if in the same place (port outside of the engine) what brand fits? Good luck wih the sale. Great boat and I paid a lot more than your asking only a year ago.
    Hal
    Dear Hal,
    My 37'c Hatteras has been a great boat for me and I have taken her many places. When I replaced the HW tank I had several options. I could have used the combination engine heat exchange & electric element or the straight electric element. I chose the electric element heater and installed it on the port side outboard and slightly forward of the engine. It fits well there and is easily accessable and the Water pump is next to it. It supplies enough for a good sea shower and plenty for the galley. It is tight getting it in front of the engine for installation though. West marine and several other suppliers can order any one of several that fit nicely. The SS Dual heating one is the best but very expensive. The 110 V dual element with 7 to 10 gallons are good also. Most plumbing supplie houses also carry similar models. They are inexpensive and can easily be replaced every six years or so. If one goes on very long trips a double HW tank system would be better.

I would never sell her but I bought a home on Man O War Cay in abaco Bahamas and only need a small boat now.

Best regards, David

Is the boat still for sale? Where is it located?

Hello, Yes she is still for sale. Several folks looking. She is behind my home in Palm Beach Gardens. Sorry for the delay in writing as I was at my home on Man O War Cay in the Bahamas. Best regards, David Culpepper 561 714 8612

hard decision but you made the right choice.....We will be back in Marsh this Friday...have thought long and hard about a permanent move to Abaco but Panama keeps calling my name also

Hello, Yes, I had serious thoughts about Panama, I have a very good customer there that keeps telling me how wonderfull and reasonable the waterfront is there. He buys the nautical items I sell off the old ships. He is a ships broker there and knows all the old ships from representing the owners.

I decided on Man O War Cay in the Bahamas because of the very large expat community, the honesty of the people and it is a very secure place with little theft and a good work ethic. It is also only an hours flight from West Palm Beach and several airlines fly there.

The 37 Sportfish Conv is still available.

Best regards, David Culpepper