Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

I viewed a thread a while back which asked, "How long did it take to own your first Hatteras?", and found it to be very interesting reading.

With that in mind, along with the fact that I too have a Hatteras in need of some restoring, I thought this would also lead to some interesting and informative conversation.

To repeat the question, how long did it take to restore your Hatt? Maybe a better question would be, how long did it take you to become an expert at it? The second question followed by how much would you charge for your services?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

Just told Kate of your post, she got all excited about your refurb, she wants to know what needs done?

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

3. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

Quote Originally Posted by rswirtz
    Just told Kate of your post, she got all excited about your refurb, she wants to know what needs done?
    LOL And you thought my post about taking that trip from Chalreston to Ft Myers was long!

Let me see, finish (start? ) rebuild of starboard 12V71N, bamboo floor for the upper salon/pilothouse, new headliner throughout, carpet for the lower salon along with master and guest staterooms, new appliances for galley along with flooring from there forward into the crew's quarters, cover existing molested wood with some type of high end wallpaper, vinyl, or laminate material, update the heads (except VaccuFlush which is already in place), new cushion for bow seating on foredeck, and an expert to tell me how to accomplish all of the above and still have enough money leftover to fill all three tanks with diesel. There, that oughta do it!

When would Kate like to start? Has she threatened you with divorce? Is she willing to liveaboard a 58TC? If so, would you consider a trade for a... uh,... 58TC which needs all of the above?
    Last edited by Freebird; 03-10-2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: YottsmanWillie!!!!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

4. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

Quote Originally Posted by rswirtz
    Oh yeah, one other thing.

At the risk of sounding like an expert, why didn't you answer my question? How long did it take to restore your Hatt?

Now, don't take my thread off topic again!

5. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

I can do that for you Randy........

Nothing complex there, and my headliner work will sound like a drum when I am done !!

How long ?

Standard answer.............two weeks !

My wife and daughter never ask me how long before I get something/anything done, be it at work or around the house, because I always tell them

two weeks

6. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

LOL I'll be there in two weeks!

I can't wait for Chris to jump on the estimate you just gave me!

7. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

Randy,

I tell Chris the same thing.......will be done in two weeks !!

8. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

Here I was thinking all this time you were a trustworthy boat restoration guy!

Seriously, I have probably been on more member's Hatts than anyone else on this forum. I have seen everything from pristine examples to those who make ole' Freebird look downright socially acceptable in "Biff's" yacht club!

That being said, come on guys, answer the question!

Oh yeah, I forgot Paul doesn't own a Hatteras, but Chris says he's about to if his isn't finished in two weeks!

Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

I doubt anyone sits back and says, "ahhhh, all done!" From what I can tell, being a newbie Hatt owner, refurbs never have an end date, always something to do........

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com

10. Re: How Long Did It Take To Restore Your Hatt?

mine is not a restoration, it is a custom built using a Hatteras hull. A restoration would have been easy! Maybe Paul can total up the man hours for you.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com