Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking For 48lrc

I mentioned before that I had a good friend who is now actively searching for a 48LRC. It's his only choice in the Hatteras line. He's looking at a couple Asian boats much to my dismay. Let me know if you see anything high quality.

TONY D

2. Re: Looking For 48lrc

Hey Tony,

I saw what looked to be a very well kept 48LRC in Fort Myers at the City Marina. A broker with an office at that location had the listing as I recall. I saw it when I helped move a 70CPMY there from SC in January.

I don't have any specifics on that boat, and I would assume it may be listed on YachtWorld. If not, call the City Marina and I'm sure they can hook you up with the broker who had the for sale sign on it when I was there.

Hope this helps.

Randy
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Looking For 48lrc

Thank you, there are two listed on Yacht World in Fort Meyers, one looks OK the other looks great. I'll call and find out which City Marina has listed. I wish I could get Tom to look at yours, he's just not a big engine guy. Good luck selling your boat, I suspect it will to be sold very soon with the super fair asking price.
    Tony D

Keep an eye on the web site HatterasLRC.com. Members put LRCs for sale there sometimes before they are listed.

These boats have full displacement hulls and most have stabilizers installed. They have two gen sets and a workable cockpit with a cockpit door and swim platform.

I know of zero 48s that have re-powered. (HAtt made 49) The problem is you can rebuild both the DD 453ns for under $20K, Get yourself two NL 135, gears and you're at $100K. Now 5 gallons an hour with the DDs and 4 with the NLs, you need to go 80,000 hours to get your money back.

I'll be on 4 48s this week at the memebrs Rendezvous in St Pete. If I can be of any assistance on the LRC boats feel free to PM.

David STahl
    Webmaster
    HatterasLRC.com
    Skooch 42LRC401 (no cockpit)

If you haven't seen the new listing on Boatquest.com, there is a new listing of a 48LRC at $315k I believe (out of Ft. Myers).

Bill

Thank you for all the information. We plan on taking a look at the Fort Meyers boat or boats that are listed.

The Hatteras LRC web site has a 48 listed that's also listed on Yacht World but several brokers.

Tony D

has anyone put eyes on the one in Grand Bahama? We are running over to Abaco end of March but probably will not have time to detour into GB. These 48's seem to have the highest resale of any boat alive! They have all been on YW for some time so the prices may be artificial.

It seems there's a lot of that going on. I purchased my present boat in 2002, some of the same boats that were listed when I bought mine are still listed today? All I can think of is that they really aren't actively for sale, just fishing for a turkey. We'll see.
    Tony D