Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Kudo's to Capt.Erich

I had an engine problem and called Erich to see if he knew a mechanic in the area that I could call. Erich said he would be glad to take a look to see if he might be able to give me a hand before calling the mechanic. Last night I met a forum member who not only diagnosed the problem but had the engine running within 40 minutes.Thanks again Erich. I'll get you a bottle of Goose or your favorite brand and drop it off. Forgot to get your address so PM me and you'll have a present in the near future!!!

2. Re: Kudo's to Capt.Erich

Did somebody say Goose?

Hey Skipper, don't be forgettin' who taught you how to say Newbrun and told you all the trade secrets that dang near got me kicked out of the yankee hatin' good ole' boys club.

Capt.Erich has come across as a good ole' boy too, so I'm glad you two got together. Maybe between the two of us you can become more socially acceptable in eastern NC where the barbeque glows and the beer flows!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Kudo's to Capt.Erich

Skip,

Thanks for the vote of confidence and thanks for the opportunity to see a beadutiful example of the 40 MY. You've got a good one there. Also, looking at your engines has made me think about repowering with Crusaders. I read David Pascoe's article and thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/GasEngines.htm

As for the Goose... I happen to enjoy Gray Goose... even if it is from France.

Erich, I'll swap you the crusaders for the Cat's you had a line on. Good deal. Even up trade, diesel for gas. HeHe
    As for you bird, never call, never see you, don't you love me anymore?

5. Re: Kudo's to Capt.Erich

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    Erich, I'll swap you the crusaders for the Cat's you had a line on. Good deal. Even up trade, diesel for gas. HeHe
    Ah shucks, now I'm gonna have to come visit so we can go eat some carolina bbq and take you up on that offer for free beer and sailing lessons.

I'm sorry I have neglected you, but you have to understand I need my space and you're not the only guy in my life. Besides, your boat is smaller than that of most of the guys I've been hanging out with. Maybe we should just step back and re-evaluate our relationship... either that, or buy my 58TC and I'll become your biggest bestest buddy! I just love people with bigger boats than me!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by labrador
    If you are serious about the Cats let me know. I'll be happy to put you in contact with the guys that have them. I also have a contact for a pair of Cummins.

Erich, If things had gone as planned with my move I would have taken you up on it however they didn't and cash is a little low. Add to that my son is getting married and Dad has to chip in for the wedding as my future daughter in law comes from a lower income family. So my diesels are going to a reception instead. What was the thread about kids. I could have bought a 53 with no mortgage for what it cost to send two to college!

Thats why I got a lab instead of kids.................
    Badbird I'm getting the same neglected feeling, havent heard from you since new years eve, when you had those hotties call with thier most generous offer

9. Re: Kudo's to Capt.Erich

Quote Originally Posted by hunshatt
    Thats why I got a lab instead of kids.................
    Badbird I'm getting the same neglected feeling, havent heard from you since new years eve, when you had those hotties call with thier most generous offer
    Now Thudddddman, I'll tell you the same thing I told Skip. We rock stars have very hectic schedules like boat movin' and Goose juicin', fishin' and other such things as that.

I still have your number (in more ways than one!) so maybe I'll give you a shout tomorrow when my free cell minutes kick in. Otherwise I'll call you Monday on your toll-free business line!