Quote Originally Posted by Mike53C
Boy I have been absent for what,..four weeks?..Went to the Boat Show spent three weeks in Miami, my wife and I both with the flu,..but well nice vacation after all. Had a chance to talk to Randy, got T shirts from Steve, so what else can I ask?..

Water around the boat and smells...nice thread.

You know down here we can still discharge the toiletts directly overboard, so the other day I was curious of what happened when...eh..you discharged. So I warned, the moment someone has to go, say it!!, I have something to check. So after a while my son's wife yells..... CAPT'N..GOT TO GO...ok, ok, give me a chance, so I jumped overboard, mask and snorkel and from a safe distance (she is quite a big girl, you know..) watched the discharge port...all of a sudden the thumping and grinding noises warned me that something was coming, and oh yes...a cloud of number two suddenly was in front of my eyes, some bits going up, others down, tiny bits of toilett paper just floating there. And then all of a sudden, one snapper came , and then a small grouper and another snapper and another...in SECONDS, there was nothing left, the few floating stuff was taken care off by hords of bait fish we call camiguana, like small sardines,..
So, discharges not being overabundant, (we have not so many boats), being in places were the water moves, with tides and currents, and abundant marine life I don't feel that the overboard discharge is doing any harm. In fact under the boats, be it for the shade or the protection or the FEEDING, fishes are abundant.

And oh yes, we fish them,...and eat them too....how is that for recycling?
Miguel
LOL Hey Miguel,

You talk purty good for a furriner!

Sorry we missed each other at the show, but I just had to comment on your post. The scenario you described is just one of millions of ways Mother Nature does the work that all these moronic would-be well doers try to perfect.

Sure, industrial and residential waste issues must be addressed, but the fact is, God covered this earth with a hell of a lot of water, figured out a way to purify our air, and He undoubtedly knew what the folks he created were eventually going to do with it! The ultimate environmental protection agency has been in place long before there was an environment to protect!

I don't want to be a closet preacher, but some things are just so silly, they defy explanation. Luckily it took mankind several thousand years to be able to figure out how to destroy himself and the planet God gave us.

Every generation has talked about the end of time, but I for one believe that mythical time is very near, and it is not just a myth any more. Yep, I've disclosed to the world that I am not of sound mind, but I really do want to load up my family and head for someplace out in the middle of the ocean on my Hatteras just to get the hell away from all this mess before my family just becomes another part of it.

Sorry for the sermon, a virtual collection plate is now being passed around to each and everyone of you!