Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duct Tape

Duct Tape

The thread on new uses for Vise grip inspired this thread.

The other night while working on Elizabeth Nicole I got carried away and just dug into a project of cleaning up some wiring. As I was working I got fiberglass dust in my hands and arms as I did not wear gloves or long sleeves Dumb I know.

By the time I got home I felt like a pin cushion. It was just miserable. Then it came to me use duct tape like a lint brush. So I took strips of duct tape put them on my arms front, back, sides, and my hands. It took a couple of times in all areas that were bothering me but when I got done no more feeling like a pin cushion. It works, great job DUCT tape.

garyd
    Have Fun Boating

Re: Duct Tape

Send the 'bird some for his 'board would ya?? Maybe some duct tape mittens???

3. Re: Duct Tape

Gary, that sounds like a very painful redneck bikini wax to me!

Buy yourself some gloves next time, or smear some KY all over your arms, legs, whatever. That will protect you from the little sticky stick on thingys, and it will make it easier to fit into tight places!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Duct Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    Buy yourself some gloves next time, or smear some KY all over your arms, legs, whatever. That will protect you from the little sticky stick on thingys, and it will make it easier to fit into tight places!
    I thought KY was something you apply to pump parts???

Sorry Sticky, I couldn't resist it. I stucked to the thread though (or slipped through...)...forget it.

Where'd you say that Delete button was?
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

5. Re: Duct Tape

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know)
    I thought KY was something you apply to pump parts???
    I always used it to keep things from squeaking on the boat.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com