Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Insurance - again

Quote Originally Posted by captainwjm
    Sorry to get off topic, but I'm curious as to why Boat/US insurance is never mentioned. I've used them for about 20 years with a variety of boats [of course, inland waters, etc] and never had a problem. Is the Florida expereince different, have any of you had problems with Boat/US that I should know about before taking off for the Gulf? Thanks.
    Last year, Boat US quoted me over $15,000/year for $237,000 in hull coverage while others were around the $5,000/year mark for $375,000 hull coverage. That's the problem with Boat US. I think they only really want to insure in areas where claims in general are minimal - that's what it appears to me, anyway.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

2. Re: Insurance - again

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd
    Good old Randy,

He's a James Bond wanna beeee, but likes to keep things shaken AND stirred.....
    That's Bondage, Jimmy Jack Bondage!

Hey, like I said on an earlier thread, this is the year of 007, and it is my sacred duty to see that things are shaken and stirred! You need to start paying better attention instead of forwarding emails all day!

Speaking of duty, I've got to go to the head and then leave for the office. Some of us actually work for a living there used to be polesmoker telephone boy!

I hope you don't have any hang-ups over that comment! Hello, are you there? I don't seem to have a dial tone? Hello?

Alright, sorry for the side trip (it was Charlie's fault ), and I will see if I can get up with the guy today who told me he had a good source for insurance in FL.
    Last edited by Freebird; 03-01-2007 at 09:28 AM.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

I agree with Fishmon, Try
    Travis G. Campbell
    Olin Hill & Associates
    (239) 945-1900 x253 ph
    (239) 945-3163 f

He got us insurance when no one else would touch us. Because of Age of boat, lack of experience in size of boat and most of all in Florida.
    He returns his calls and does what he says he'll do.
    Steve Fort
    1983 46-C HP series II
    "Way Maker"

Fort Myers, Florida

Hey Freebird...it's the beachgirl and I am a real live gal...not a figment....
    And Ed, the priviledge is all mine for you being my "first" pm on this forum...looking forward to coming to Miami this summer and hopefully meeting you and Angela..live and in person!

Thanks all for posting some numbers. I am at 3400 for a year, and will call some of the other folks for quotes. I can definatly like a 700 a yr policy.

I had boat us when i first bought the boat, they were affordable at 1200 a year. Then the next year it doubled!!! no reason. then the third year it went up again!!! OK, Next, whos next, give me a better deal. I got it back down to 2200 a year, same thing two years later up with the price. I found ace and after the third year year its up, and I just had a SURVEY two springs ago!!! So they get you with a rate or the survey to keep the rate down.

Ok,whats the common reply or answer to increases, just curious, aside frm the ""hurricane answer"" is it a commercial policy, or is it size and age, or expieriance?

Mike.
    I drive Boats and Save People!!!
    See my projects at the link

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ter/?start=all

6. Re: Insurance - again

Quote Originally Posted by Imthebeachgirl
    Hey Freebird...it's the beachgirl and I am a real live gal...not a figment....
    And Ed, the priviledge is all mine for you being my "first" pm on this forum...looking forward to coming to Miami this summer and hopefully meeting you and Angela..live and in person!
    I for one am glad to see you are for real. I was just teasing you and Ed, and I really meant to send you a PM to that effect.

The reference I made to me making you up had to do with another real lady on here by the name of sherrylynne. I was her first PM as she responded to a thread I posted inviting "guys and gals" to go fishing with us.

She asked if I was serious, I told her I was always serious! Some suggested I made her up as a joke. Sherry is no joke. She owns her own Hatteras and is an extremely well-educated person with a great career. She and I have become good friends, and I hope to meet her in person some day. No sexual overtones, no expectations, just a chance to meet someone who has become very dear to me over the last several months.

She had never posted anything publicly, so I dared her to post a thread I wrote for her. It was a very popular thread which as I recall had reached over 1,700 views when someone apparently thought I had made up the whole thing and zapped the thread. I must confess, I lost my diplomacy when that happened. She has made few posts since then.

Send her a PM and tell her Randy sent you. She knows Randy a lot better than she knows "Freebird". I hope you keep posting as to encourage other ladies who may be lurking on this forum to do the same. As has been the case with sherrylynne, somebody has to tell us guys how to figure out women. Angela can't do it by herself!

Sorry for this long digression from the topic at hand, but I thought you and others may find this interesting.

Take care,

Randy
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Well, BoatUS was kind enough to respond to my request for a quote. What a deal! After being a customer for over 10 years, with multiple boats at any given time, the quote for Sanctuary, at a lower hull value, and higher deductible than our 68% increase quote, was a mere $18,400!

Let me tell you how much this makes me feel the love, and how this organization is out to help support our boating passion!

-Ed G.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

LOL, we use Seahorse Underwriters... got an increase of $200 then upped the coverage to hull value LOL another $200 in total up $400 to $3400 i think, liveaboard status, no other boats owned ever! (and bat was too big....) LOL wait until i get me captains license.... another $1000 increase?

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

I have been with BUS since 1984. I am in FL. They have the best coverage period. My policies on both boats stayed the same, no increase this year. A friend who has a 45C had his insurance double this year. He read all the policies of the cos. who would insure his Hatt. [most UK based]. After reading my BUS policy, he went with BUS. READ YOUR POLICIES carefully the other companies have lots of exclusions and conditions. One had fine print that said "if the vessel is more that 100 mi from home port during hurricane season, they must be notified in writing" If not NO coverage. Great move the boat for a storm and lose coverage.
    ED G,
    I agree the quote is out of line, But... Who is listed as owner? How much experience does the listed owner have. Have there been any previous claims?The link in the signiture says the boat is based in the Carribbean. What is listed as home port. Do you have a hurricane haulout agreement? It all makes a world of difference.
    I also am told that Contiental insurance who underwrites the BUS policies feel they have too much exposure in the hurricane states. I am sure this is a huge factor too. They also had a lot of losses in So FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    Hey Ed, is there something you want to tell us?

I'm gonna tell Angela or your wife or....?

Sure, some of you are probably thinking I came onto the forum and made up another female just to mess with Ed!

Hee hee hee, suffer Ed!!!
    Hey, some people collect Hatts, some people collect women....I happen to collect women with Hatts.....
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com