Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Insurance - again

Quote Originally Posted by Imthebeachgirl
    Hey Ed, just sent you a pm..I hope it went through. That is the first time I have done that....
    It did, and it is my priveledge to be your first (PM).

Thanks,
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

2. Re: Insurance - again

Sorry to get off topic, but I'm curious as to why Boat/US insurance is never mentioned. I've used them for about 20 years with a variety of boats [of course, inland waters, etc] and never had a problem. Is the Florida expereince different, have any of you had problems with Boat/US that I should know about before taking off for the Gulf? Thanks.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

3. Re: Insurance - again

The biggest problem with Boat/US in this area (Florida Panhandle) in the last 3-4 years has been outrageous premiums. My understanding is that their insurance is good from a claims perspective (I've never needed to use that part of it) and I was with them for a long time (10ish years in total on boats) but after Ivan they got stupid with people who had no damage, yet were directly in the storm's path.

Only a small part of that was luck, yet those of us who went to extraordinary lengths got hammered anyway. Everyone else hiked rates too, but their pricing became punitive to the point of rediculous - their price increase was almost 100%, while I had competitive quotes at 35-40% less for superior coverage.

That choice was easy.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I recently checked them out for my boat in Charleston, they wanted over $3k a year, Frank Bradford Agency out of NY quoted me 700 something for the same coverage... I'm still in the process of getting the actual policy though. www.frankbradford.com

5. Re: Insurance - again

Thanks guys; that "splains" it!
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

6. Re: Insurance - again

Bill,
    Boat/US gave me a price of $5350 compared to "only" $3800 for Great Lakes for the exact same coverage....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

We are around 7k.....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

8. Re: Insurance - again

Quote Originally Posted by Imthebeachgirl
    Hey Ed, just sent you a pm..I hope it went through. That is the first time I have done that....
    Hey Ed, is there something you want to tell us?

I'm gonna tell Angela or your wife or....?

Sure, some of you are probably thinking I came onto the forum and made up another female just to mess with Ed!

Hee hee hee, suffer Ed!!!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

9. Re: Insurance - again

Good old Randy,

He's a James Bond wanna beeee, but likes to keep things shaken AND stirred.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Try Travis Campbell at Olin Hill in Cape Coral. Still waiting for my final bill because I bumped the liability up to 500k. At 100k it is $1870 a year for a 1966, 41c.

Good Luck,
    Jeff