Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Capacity Of Marquipt Davit

Mike,
    Will gladly wait until you return to NY for a copy of this manual. Thanks for the offer.
    Michael Ewing
    Southern Comfort, 1977 58YF
    Chesapeake, VA

I was wrong about the 800# rating. I just came from the boat (got back to NY last night) and pulled the oem Marquipt sheet - it is 1000# for the Marquipt "Sea Davit" which is the one on out boat.

Never trust your memory - that's why having the service manual at hand when working on engines is MANDATORY!

Well thanks for checking Marquipt told me the davit itself is rated up to 1500 lbs. with the corect winch and pulley.

Brian

True, but you have to know which model you have. I pulled the sheets on the boat for the original installation/model which, judging from pictures, may be quite different from boat to boat. A friend bought a beautiful 53 last year at a giveaway price that does not now have and never had a davit at all. Seems strange to me because I think a dink is mandatory on a 53 but I guess that depends on how you use it (the 53).

Anyway, mine is the Marquipt "Sea Davit" and I sent Mike a scan of the instruction sheet that came with it.

Hello Gents
    I have. 1985 56MY with an early Marquipt Davit. Despite sending Marquipt the photos they want the serial # to identify it. The 120V winch had been replaced but not certain if the davit structure rating. It is the manual slew, extension type with no hydraulic lift.

I will try to attach photos
    Any help with a spec sheet would be great, I want to lift a 13' whaler with console and gear approx 380kg
    Thanks
    Aquaddiction
    M/Y Eloquence
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Down View Post
    Brian,See attached picture. Is this the same as your davit? If so, we're both looking for the same info.
    Hello again Just trying to clarify from the threads the rating of the marquipt Davis that has been pictured. Has anyone been able to turn up a manual that they can supply a PDF of?