Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kwerges
    Freebird-
    Glad to hear that your personal life is coming back together. All the other stuff like postings, what you can post, etc. is superfluous bulls***.
    Thanks for the comment on the personal life.

Whut do "superfluous bullstars" mean? Is that good? It has to be more better than regularfluous bullstars.

Dang, what happened to that plus sign beside your name? Kinda like my pictures, it keeps coming and going.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

2. Thumbs up Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    i'm glad you "finally" figured out the meaning of :-) maybe that's why you've been taking some of my posts the wrong way all that time ! yeah...wishful thinking... :-)

seriously, i doubt anyone is going to object to a cruising post in the sandbar, and if they do.. well.. they don't have to read it.

as Karl said, most free sites have a bandwith limits... keep in mind that everytime someone opens your thread, the pictures are dowloaded from wherever they are hosted. not that if place a link, then they are only dowloaded when someone clicks the link.. but if you embed them in the post, they download every time.

look for a host with no bandwith cap... or get your own hosting account somewhere... and upload them there. there are many cheap host plans... godaddy.com for instance... a few bucks a month...
    LOL, Hell son, I've asked you that question more than once why you did that slash dot colon thingy. I really was trying to understand you there Pepe', honest I was!

Thanks for the info on pictures. I really do think you guys will like my little story, and for those who can't read that well, the pictures should help you keep up!

Now everybody else take notice, if me and Pascal can bury the hatchet (some place other than each others heads), the rest of you can play nice too! I am finally glad to see someone in your position make the statement that no one has to read a post they care nothing for.

Maybe we should get you a catchy title too! Karl is the almighty "exhausted" PoohBear, Jim is a "super moderator", let's see if we can come up with something for you! Somebody help me here, or do we need a new thread for this?

How about "moderbator" since you like to moderate and debate at the same time! "Super Moderbator"?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

3. Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Quote Originally Posted by administrator
    "Off topic" seems to vary in interpretation on a regular basis, and not just where I am concerned.

From the Policy & Posting Guidelines
    • Please "try" to keep topics related to Hatteras and boating. Occasional digressions are quite OK, but they should be the exception and not the rule.

Translation - every once in a while is OK even if it has absolutely nothing to do with Hatteras or boating and is in reasonably good taste.
    Thanks Daddy for looking in on us here in the nursery.

I sure am glad you put "try" in them little marks that makes it more important. I'm trying to "try", I swear I am!

I promise I will "try" not to slap any of the other kids on here. Unless they "try" to slap me first! I'm going to be the bigger kid and turn their other cheeks!

4. Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Quote Originally Posted by thoward
    Did you miss the part of if you do not like it do not read it? It is posts like yours that causes part of the problem. Uncalled for!
    Good boy Dr. Feelgood, good boy!

Just remember, kwerges is from shhhh...(kalifornya). Those boys start their days three hours behind you and me, so sometimes it takes them a little longer to catch up.

Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Enough already with the nicey nicey stuff. Lets get on with the trip pics and story. Ya'll can kiss and make up later, like at CDR.
    Illegitimum non carborundum
    My drinking team has a fishing problem.

6. Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Shut up Captain Kidder! We're making nice here!

Remember the movie "What About Bob?"? How would you like to be tied to the mast of Milt's sailboat and paraded around your marina while we all pour beer on your head?

I can't wait for the next CDR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird
    Shut up Captain Kidder! We're making nice here!

Remember the movie "What About Bob?"? How would you like to be tied to the mast of Milt's sailboat and paraded around your marina while we all pour beer on your head?

I can't wait for the next CDR!!!!
    Great, I like beer!
    Illegitimum non carborundum
    My drinking team has a fishing problem.

8. Re: Forum Use Questions/Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
    Great, I like beer!
    I know that we have to stop this in the interest of good taste, but I knew you were going to say that!

Let me paint a clearer picture for you. Think of some 200 mph duct tape attached to the most vocal part of a fast talking charterboat Captain who is tied, face down, to the mast of Milt's sailboat with no funnel in sight!

To all the rest of you, Bob and I are just demonstrating how useful this forum is in making personal relationships with fellow Hatteras owners. Such back and forth conversation lead to us knowing each other personally, and ultimately ended up with Bob bringing a case of fuel filters to me on a big Hatteras yacht in dire need of said filters.

You will read all about this in the upcoming thread I will post which will demonstrate the advantages in having good friends in many places while cruising aboard a Hatteras yacht.

Like I've said before, dysfunctional or not, we are all family.

Bird I thought you were going to post the adventures of your trip on the 70 ft hatt, If you did I must have missed it
    'THERAPY'
    1991 45C

Bird I thought you were going to post the adventures of your trip on the 70 ft hatt, If you did I must have missed it What ever happened to Fast Fred
    'THERAPY'
    1991 45C