Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Boat Market

1. Re: Boat Market

I have a go fast fishing boat, and have done the trailer/hotel thing. It is a BIG pain in the rear. I can't wait to get the Hat back in the water after 2 years of doing without it. The Fountain will be reserved for boys only trips in hot weather, or the occassional drag race. LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

2. Re: Boat Market

Yep, trailering a boat is one thing, finding a launching ramp is another, especially in TN. The bass tournament guys come in before dawn and stay all day. That really gets my goat as they are using a public ramp for a glorified gambling business!

The longest boat I ever trailered was a 43 Thunder Series Scarab with triple 525SC MerCruisers. That puppy was more fun to pull around behind a truck than it was to run down the river! You didn't need an RC or a Moon Pie to get attention with that thing rolling on the river or down the road!

I also trailered a 280 Sea Ray Sundancer when I opened a branch office of my business back in '91. It had a 10'6" beam, but it really wasn't that bad to pull having driven tractor trailers before. It had twin 260 MerCruisers, generator and air, and slept six people almost in comfort. It was sort of PITA to have to launch and load, but I could see myself with another trailerable boat.

Maybe I should just find myself a good used Peterbilt and trailer the 58! Hell, State Farm asked me if it had a trailer when I went to get insurance. I suppose that means they will insure it if I find myself a trailer!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Boat Market

I have the 43DC and would never have a SF again. I would never give up that living space for a cockpit just to fish from. When you live aboard, fishing is only part time and you can use the space for living all the time. I also have a half fast 21ft Wellcraft that I use just to fish from.

BILL

4. Re: Boat Market

It all just boils down to the old saying "to each his own".

I considered adding a cockpit to my 58 like on YottsmanWillie's, but I figure I could buy myself one heck of a nice CC for what it would cost. As for fishing, you can do that off anything that floats!

I figure the ultimate would be a cockpit motoryacht. Hopefully I will still find myself in a 90's vintage 70 Hatt some day. That is my dream boat, along with a fast CC for fishing!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

Forget about the 70' the 67' has the larger porch where you really do the hanging out it anyway
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

6. Re: Boat Market

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN
    Forget about the 70' the 67' has the larger porch where you really do the hanging out it anyway
    That's because you keep changing the key code on the lock box on the salon door!

Large porches are only good for rocking chairs me amigo!

Bubamingo put the carpet in your 53' TC your selling it's worth the 2 hours labor and me and Leon will help you I just got done doing mine $ 130.00 bucks reminant carpet not bad and it lightend up the place
    Attached Images
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

8. Re: Boat Market

Dang BubbAmigo, that really does look great!

Keep Leon sober and I'll see you in a couple of weeks or so. Save me some of that new carpet!

I told you get your money back on your last month at the slip and bring her down for March and we'll really do a number on her we'll have her fixed up in no time I have all the tools and lots of time right now things are slow. Then we can do that Capt. class together for mid March
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

10. Re: Boat Market

No refunds on the slip at RD. I'm paid through April, but watch for me around May 1. PM Johnny's phone number at the marina or have him call me to see if he still has a slip for me.

We'll talk some more about the Captain's license deal. They don't give those tests in spanish do they?