Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Wake Zones

Re: Wake Zones

Will not be miffed at biff. LOL

The 300'+ boat will be in the intercoastal And she will be throwing a wake baby. And she ain't gunna slow down for love nor money. In fact she probably coundn't if she wanted tooooooo. In this same area it is not unusual to see kayakers. jon boats dingy's etc. And they never slow down for them either, How rude of them, not being very curteous are they.

Actually I had an 85' work boat slow down for me the other day. I kinda chuckled and thought to myself why on earth would he slow down. Then it dawned on me he was being paid by the hour. LOL
    Have Fun Boating

2. Re: Wake Zones

Okay, this is my last contribution to this thread, I PROMISE.

Gary, I should have know you couldn't spell "courteous"!

Tah tah,

Biff
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

3. Re: Wake Zones

Look at this website on "Monster Wakes" it has pictures of the carnage. http://www.geocities.com/palmbeachboating/wakes.html

It sure looks like a problem area, LOL, I mean "get a life, dude" this looks like a pond. It has pictures of the "boat traffic", I am sorry but that pales in comparison to the traffic on the ICW here in NC during the warm months. This guy would have a panic attack or a coronary if he had to pilot a boat in our waters. LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Re: Wake Zones

Chris-- those pics are LESS than a typical day on the river in Chicago too... plus dodging and darting around tow boats and ships in the river maneuvering around some real tight turning basins. Theres always a good crash or two every weekend. Big fireworks nights bring out the best; usually one or two boats on top of the harbor breakwater the next morning. Rots a' ruck chollie!! ws