Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

Anyone know any information about these units. Just picked one up, can't find anything on the web.

Have fun boating garyd

2. Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

Quote Originally Posted by garyd
    Anyone know any information about these units. Just picked one up, can't find anything on the web.

Have fun boating garyd
    Gary,

I think what you are referring to is the model number of the x-band antenna for the pathfinder series radar. This radar was mostly used for naval and marine research vessels under government contractor supplied equipment. If you can send me some more information I might can help you, but the squids I know will want more details so we can ID this and maybe come up with a manual for it.

Chris
    Last edited by Boss Lady; 01-30-2007 at 08:07 PM. Reason: corrrection
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

3. Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

I just talked to a buddy and he said that those units were made in Germany. Send me a picture or post it here.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish

Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

It's coming supplied with the manuals. I've seen them on reasearch and yachting vessels from between 45-145 feet long. It was working when it was taken off. I don't know about wiring until I get it.

Thanks when I get it I'll post some pic and questions.

Thanks for the reply! Chris post more photos of your project. The more the marrier. In fact i'm going to look now and see if there are any new ones

garyd

Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

approx 8 years old, it was installed for appox 6 years, not the original owner,the manuals are included, range would be approx 50 miles plus,the display is approx 12 inches,all in working condition when removed from boat,model is R1210XX,
    it can be operated off of 12 volt or 24 volt source.

This was the posted discription.

I believe it is a 72 NM I don't know power as in 6kw or 10kw etc. I don't know if it will come with cables.

garyd
    Attached Images
    Last edited by garyd; 01-30-2007 at 08:24 PM.

6. Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

Gary, I think that model accepts 10-42 vdc input so 32 volts is in also good. The beam width is 1.2 degrees, you can definitely see the birds!
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish

7. Re: Raytheon Radar 1210xx??

Your mailbox is full. so here is what I was going to send you.

Gary, send me your email address, I have a pdf document you will find interesting on your radar unit. It is 118 pages of cool stuff with pictures. Got this from a friend of mine. It is nice to have friends.

Chris
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish