Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Onan 15 kw Generator For Sale

I have a recent running take out Onan 15kw generator. It is original equipment from my 48 Yachtfish. According to the engine hour meter it has only 455 hours. (not sure how accurate that is, but my engines meters say 2700hrs) It needs a new thermal shut down, which is located between the head and the electrical box. It also needs a new electric stop shut down piece (the part that pushes down on the linkage). It ran when I took it out. It has a two year old starter. I just wanted a newer quiter smaller unit. The water pump pulley used to drive me nuts too!

I am not sure what to ask for it?? I am a new member and I am kinda hoping some one might tell me what its worth. And I will have some pics soon.
    Last edited by mopester; 01-26-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Re: Onan 15 kw For Sale

What is the start voltage? 12, 24, 32?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Its a twelve volt start system. It was running off the house banks (two 8d's)via the starter on the port engine to its own switch. It is a 240 volt ac also.

The generator has been sold!!!

YachstmanBill, it was a pleasure to meet you good luck with your project. If your back this way stop in, and if I am in Chicago I will stop by.

Mike.

Thanks again chief. I hit I-95 at 1330 and was home at 0730 today. 907 miles. Had to stop for a siesta a few times -- a lot of snow squalls in PA. again.
    Got a bunch of local NUBIANS to help unload it. ws