Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: It's time for HOYC

MTOA does not provide insurance to members. But USPS and USCGA I believe have programs. Maybe Walt P can comment, but I recall the USCGA members get great insurance rates, in part it is based on captain qualification. Facility vessels (if that is the correct term) qualify for the best discounts. We might have to develop some sort of experience criteria to similarly qualify.

I sure support the effort to get this rolling.

The whole idea sounds great. I will volunteer to be the Detroit "port captain". All you will need besides your boat is our special Detroit foul weather gear. It is made from old Kevlar sails. It leaks like hell, but is bullet proof. Seriously I think we need to keep this idea going and get Sam's Marine involved, eh Doug.

I agree with getting or better keeping SAMS involved! It should and will if I have anything to do with it be written in the bylaws!

In fact this site should continue to be the official forum web site! No reason to change a great thing!

I know that Florida Yacht clubs are non-profit and get some pretty cool breaks on things. However after being involved in other non-profits there is a mandatory paper trail.

I think someone mentioned time sharing slips. Just think if all the owners of Hatteras's that have slips had a way to rent them out to HOYC memebers when they were not using them or pool the time so they could trade off as needed.

So we could have one main location several satelite locations including ones in Cuba, Bahamas, virgin Islands etc. etc. Plus a pool of slips around the US get breaks on parts and Insurance.

Plus several get togethers every year to fish, cruise, and just have some well deserved rest and good ole fashioned FUN!!!

Have fun using your boat! garyd

4. Re: It's time for HOYC

Quote Originally Posted by garyd
    Well lets see how we use our boats.

1. Cruising and anchoring out
    2. Cruising from Yacht Club to Yacht club
    3. Fishing
    4. Livaboard
    5. stays in slip and we look at it
    6. We just work on it and it goes nowhere

We would like to get together for

1. Cruise-ins
    2. Fishing tournements
    3. All around good time.

I'm trying to nail down a mission statement.

I can contact a Florida attorney and see what it takes to set up a non-profit corporation. Help with this would be appreciated

have fun boatin garyd
    I want to "volunteer" for the usual "non-profit" corporate salary executive position. I would like a nice Vice President position please! I will arrange all the golf outtings for the corporation. LOL I have included a link so you will know the median range of salary I expect. thanks in advance! http://www.philanthropy.com/free/art...4/24003101.htm
    Last edited by Boss Lady; 01-26-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: add
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Chris, Boy have I been an idiot, I never got paid a dime. Dah, what was I thinking LOL

Never crossed my mind, but you may be on to something. I'd just take a brand new 64 Hatt convertible. That would be all the compensation I'd need!

Oh and a slip to keep it in LOL

Well if we ever get a point where we could afford to pay someone, then we've made it! Maybe that could be your grandson LOL.

garyd

Quote Originally Posted by 67hat34c
    to make insuranc work it would have to be hatteras bertram and chriscraft, need to sell engough policies to be able to pay claims and there will be claims. would have to have levels of primium, boats in restored conditon and or new condition, boats in good shape but not restored and boats under construction. .
    Hmmm...Couple other quality brands come to mind such as Viking, Post and Karl's new favorite - NordHavn. Maybe the group should specialize in vessels over 15 years old. Some insurance & finance companies get nervous about covering boats over 25 but if we stick to "approved" brands, we should be OK.

The Admiral might be able to weigh in on this. She's a Consultant to Cigna and Aetna insurance, plus she loves boating.
    Last edited by Passages; 01-27-2007 at 08:07 AM.

7. Re: It's time for HOYC

You can count me in, the richest companies in the world are insurance companies. Go look, then you will get real pissed off. Just like non-profit companies only want to do good, yea right, then explain why Blue Cross posted a 600 million dollar profit and have petionted the government to become a public company (for profit). Not bad for a company not trying to make a profit.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Burgee concept:

White field, 4 black diagonal stripes (a la the lighthouse)

Simple.

I was thinking the globe as a background and the old Hatteras logo in the foreground.

Therefore meaning Hatteras's around the world.

Just a thought.

garyd

Quote Originally Posted by garyd
    I was thinking the globe as a background and the old Hatteras logo in the foreground.

Therefore meaning Hatteras's around the world.

Just a thought.

garyd

I think this is on the right track!

K