Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: It's time for HOYC

Freebird:

You are most definitely welcome here in Bermuda - I am in wind-down mode and back in Toronto for a large part of both March and April before I exit but we could certainly orchestrate something the time I am here for sure. I am sharing a 3 BR condo with a 36 year old lovely gal (purely plutonic - age gap and all you know!!) and I am sure she wouldn't have a problem. She has her marine pilot's licence, pilots a monster boat for the US biostation and also has her masters PADI licence if you are into diving. I am on Bermuda "burn-out" mode so am taking all my accrued holidays back in Ontario over the next 8 weeks monitoring the construction of my dock to receive my Hatt but will isolate the time and will show you the Island (which will take all of about 3 hours). There are a few Hatts here but all Sport Fishers and all of them far too rich to lower themselves to talk to little ole me.

On the insurance idea, I am happy to donate my time to help out but it would be done remotely from my pad in the 1000 Islands in between Scotties starting at 2 pm - so you will want to get me in the morning before I "dummy down"! Seriously, I would be happy to help and use all my contacts here on the insurance/reinsurance side. A very good long standing friend has a Class 3 insurance/reinsurance company here with the segregated cell structure and he is a very helpful sort as well - not a boater though.

Bill

2. Re: It's time for HOYC

Quote Originally Posted by garyd
    Hearding a bunch of cats LOL yep I believe that most of the Hatt owners are self made strong willed men. That is good and bad most of us own their own business because we made bad employees. We actually tried to get something done in a timely manner. And of course made waves.

Till then.....
    ROFLOL, I knew I should have met up with you last Friday instead of running to TN with my tail tucked! Looks like that was the right choice, but I will find you next time I'm in Palmetto!

Yep, if that spoiled little rich kid who hired me to manage his business which dealt in safes as a sideline in his gun/sporting goods business had let me do the job he hired me to do in 1979, I would probably still be working for HIM or somebody else!!!

The standing joke where that guy was concerned is that he made a millionaire out of his mother when his dad died. Trouble was, she was a multi-milionaire when he "took over" the family business! He ended up losing everything, the gun business, his dad's grocery store, a whole dang shopping center as I understand, along with his secretary turned wife which cost him his first marriage and only child!

Normally I would not be so hard on someone for this type of thing, but he actually sued me after I took over his lease on the building I started my safe business in. I paid his past due rent for the previous two months to be able to do this. He had told me he had fixed rate increases in his lease for the next 10 years. Turns out he signed an addendum which nullified that clause.

I had been stupid enough to play attorney at age 23 and had him sign a statement that I reserved the right to lease the property at the present rate, and that any debt related to that building prior to the date I took over the lease would be his, any debts after that would be mine. This in reference to a multitude of creditors I would be dealing with in with my business who were left holding the bag when he did a duck and run.

They had never met anyone in person except me, and they thought he and I may be trying to pull something with a change of company name and ownership. They later learned better as I became their largest distributor the first year I was in business. I have outlived the original manufacturer I started with as they folded in the mid nineties after I stopped dealing with them two years prior. I'm not taking credit for their demise, but I helped. The original owners sold out, and the new guys ran it into the ground because they didn't know what the heck they were doing!

I received a notice one day that the rent was going up substantially after I had been in my first building for about two years in 1983, the guy I had worked for refused to make up the difference, and I moved out after consulting my attorney and built a warehouse in the small town where I lived. Two years passed and I received a third letter from a third attorney who threatened to sue me.

Three attorneys (two of whom would become judges) told me I had nothing to worry about. Turns out I did as he sued me and won! My then attorney (the one who gave up his law practice on medical advice) felt so bad about this, he charged me nothing for his services. The second attorney I used to appeal the ruling said my problem was with the interim judge brought in because my previous attorney had been elected judge and could not hear my case. The appeal was denied, and that attorney was so angry that he did not charge me either! You just have to love small town justice as some speculated he still had enough money and influence at the time for a little pay-off!

Hell, I suppose I got the last laugh in that deal. Last time I saw my former employer he was working for a finance company! What goes around comes around boys and girls!

Sorry if this was off-topic, but you started it! Let's start us up our own Redneck Yacht Club! I'll donate a safe to the secretary of the treasury as long as I get double that amount in insurance on my boat! Either that or I want the private "members only" bar named in my honor!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

3. Re: It's time for HOYC

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsarkanna
    Freebird:

You are most definitely welcome here in Bermuda - I am in wind-down mode and back in Toronto for a large part of both March and April before I exit but we could certainly orchestrate something the time I am here for sure. I am sharing a 3 BR condo with a 36 year old lovely gal (purely plutonic - age gap and all you know!!) and I am sure she wouldn't have a problem. She has her marine pilot's licence, pilots a monster boat for the US biostation and also has her masters PADI licence if you are into diving.

Bill
    Damn Bubba,

Why didn't you tell me about her before I made nice with the wife!

Just kidding , unless of course she is really good looking! I am really into "shallow" diving too!

I just got your email and will be responding shortly as soon as I cool off a little. Damn, here I was thinking we were going to be buds only to find out you've been holding out on me. Then again, it's going to be quite a while before you leave Bermuda, who knows what will happen between now and then.

Just kidding Michelle! Three bedrooms huh?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com