Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Downsizing Images

The Irfanview program worked quick and just like everyone said (see pics at "Hatteras Tech Talk/Bottom Job")

Nice job on the boom loader Mike. Also a beautiful part of the world to be in!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

I wouldn't mind driving 2 1/2 hours to get to waters like that. I'd probably walk if I had to. Still interested in the davit drawings although not knowing what autocad is, I probably don't have one. Ron

Mike53,
    Great pics. Just wondering - what are you paying for fuel in Venezuela?
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmove
    Mike53,
    Great pics. Just wondering - what are you paying for fuel in Venezuela?
    Eric
    Eric I'll tell what I pay for it at the marina, that is without leaving berth. A small trailerable tank comes near by and the guy has long hoses. You get fuel fed thru double large filter water separators.
    US $ 0.176 per gallon.
    At the pump is cheaper.
    Please don't hate me.

Miguel
    Morrocoy
    Venezuela

OK Admit it How many grabbed a pencil and figured this?

1185 miles to Venezuela x 1NM/gal X 1.125M/1NM x .17 = 179 bucks per trip one way! Holy cow, I'll be right down. Of course filling here to get there costs 3160$ to get there but your average cost comes to 1670 per leg. Not bad. Enjoy what you have Mike!
    Eric

1185 miles to Venezuela x 1NM/gal X 1.125M/1NM x .17 = 179 bucks per trip one way! Holy cow, I'll be right down. Of course filling here to get there costs 3160$ to get there but your average cost comes to 1670 per leg. Not bad. Enjoy what you have Mike!
    Eric
    I am leaving right now to the marina, I will snap a picture of the tank and the guy who handles it and next Monday I will write yo a short story about it.
    Miguel
    Morrocoy
    Venezuela

Nice looking 53C, too............wish we could buy fuel for two or three times what you pay.....

Eric
    As I promised here is MY GAS STATION

-The Tank: As you can see, the tractor is an old Chevy pickup rusted all over. It is carrying an IBC container on top which is loaded with extra fueloil if needed. Trailering behind is the tank, filters, pump and hoses.

-The Operator: Meet Luis. He delivers the fuel and doubles as….as….hey, I don’t know the word in English…he doubles as the guy that pulls the boat out of the water to have it cleaned and painted. In the picture he is applaying West System epoxy to a bad case of blisters in a Bertram. He is a bible of knowledge.

I confirmed with him, at the gas dock the price is half. But you are not so sure of the quality.

Miguel
    Morrocoy
    Venezuela