Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question AC Mechanical Gauges wanted

Anyone have any AC brand mechanical gauges in decent condition?
    I have several that need replacing on the flybridge 58YF
    ( same gauges as 53MY )

Re: AC Mechanical Gauges wanted

Looking for AC gauges for 1988 CPMY 68.

I'm guessing you mean AC/Delco?
    Tap on Sams for a part number.
    S/W (Stewart-Warner) and Rochester instruments makes the same stuff.
    They all need the length of the capillary, what your measuring (temp or pressures), the scale desired, color or chrome bezel, face and needle colors and back lighting desires.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 07-07-2020 at 11:29 PM.

AC Gauges & senders were made before standardised European or American ohm specifications were developed. When new standards were released, all the old AC senders and gauges became obsolete. AC then left the market.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

If you need the 32volt voltmeter Sams had some custom made to appear much similar to the factory AC ones.

Once again, I think there is some misunderstanding. The OP back in 2007 was looking for mechanical gauges. I believe that subsequent postings were looking for electronic AC Delco gauges which have not been produced for many years and are almost impossible to find.

As Ralph stated, mechanicals can be found from several manufacturers, but the OEM electric senders and gauges are not available but could be replaced as long as the sender and gauge are replaced together (and they will not look the same as those old AC gauges).

And related, but kind of off topic, why do people quote posts that are years old instead of starting a new thread?
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 07-08-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have scrounged for AC Delco gauges on eBay, but it’s a losing proposition. I gave up and started using Stewart Warner , replacing the sender too as Sky mentioned. Lauderdale Speedometer has 32 Volt voltmeters also. The construction of the older AC gauges seems so much better than new replacements.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

I have one new in box #2502177, 0 - 300 PSI mech gauge and a 69 amp meter, not in box. Also have a couple used volt meters, (12V) and a couple 0 - 80 PSI 12 volt pressure gauges.
    All free to good home, you pay freight.