Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AJX - Diesel Kleen

I have Diesel Kleen now to add when I change filters.
    Has anyone used the AJX to clean the tanks and then add to fuel.
    And then use Diesel Kleen to top off the filters?

DD 871Ns
    Kerry Alexander
    Diamond Sun
    !969 50MY

Re: AJX - Diesel Kleen

If you are using the Ajx you don't really need the diesel kleen it won't hurt anyting but if you use it all the time you be fine and won't need the diesel kleen.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

AJX is the stuff. The cleaner does the number on the algae and the maint keeps the algae from growing back. One qt treats 500 gal. Costs about the same as a big racor cartridge.

Just got the starbrite stuff, same as AJX? if not where can i get it? Also will it clog filters when cleaning the tank?

Noel
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Just got the starbrite stuff, same as AJX? if not where can i get it? Also will it clog filters when cleaning the tank?
    No and No AJX work with a micro organisim and break it down so much it will not clog your filters. For NY area go to www.ajxne.com
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

Dan I have minimal issues with the fuel tanks ( not seeing any problems but catching sludge in the filters after 20 hours ) I have added Biocide and diesel Kleen and its looking good but is there a better maintainance additive from AJX? Just curious since its always good to know the options.

doncharland@aol.com for AJX in NC area

Dan put me on to AJX two years ago. After I did my conversion from gas to diesel, I had all kinds of problems. Racors had to be changed every three hours and the secondaries ($58 a pop) were clogging too. Since I have used AJX, I change the filters once a year (about 80-90 hrs.) Now, the fuel delivery company I use adds it in so I no longer have to figure out how much to put in.
    George Jeandheur
    ELECTRA VI
    1966 34C #068

Dan I have minimal issues with the fuel tanks ( not seeing any problems but catching sludge in the filters after 20 hours ) I have added Biocide and diesel Kleen and its looking good but is there a better maintainance additive from AJX? Just curious since its always good to know the options.
    Hey Scott little slow here on Vacation now, will check in every now and then.
    If you have minimal problems you can go with the AJX TMS. Thats the maintence and let it sit. It will clean your tank it just takes longer but also will help with smoke, starts and increase cetane. Your filters should go for hundreds of hrs with no crud. All this stuff about bulk filters and crud in a tank because of sitting is BS. There is no reason for this my tanks are 1967 and are spotless, had my hand in there last spring so I know. Also did my oil burner at home before I left screen on pump was still white. Tank is over 30 years old and always was filled with black slime and clumps. This came out this way after two years runing time.

Aloha Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

where can I get it in the Texas area Thanks
    'THERAPY'
    1991 45C