Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Wanted Transmissions mounts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody

I am looking for 2 transmissions mounts for 41-Hattera 1970 with 8/53's with Twindisc 506 transmissions. They are mounts that have vulcanized rubber between the main vertical mounting plate that bolts to the stringer. Any help??? AQUAHOLIC

Thanks in advance for any help :mad
    aquaholic@si.rr.com
    Last edited by AQUAHOLIC; 01-12-2007 at 08:39 PM.

2. Re: Transmissions mounts

If you can find them, wait til you see the price! I was quoted $800 each x 4 per engine=$3200 bucks
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Unhappy Re: Transmissions mounts

Thanks , Chris

Re: Transmissions mounts

800 each sounds little high.. am i missing something? is that an unsual mounts? will a more standard typical isolation mount not work? most are far less than even 200 apiece.

5. Re: Transmissions mounts

I had what looked like two vertical pieces of steel with rubber bonded between them, not the modern horizontal isolation mounts with the big bolt sticking up. I had two broken mounts per engine. The rubber is vulcanized to the steel and they were special order. If you find them cheaper post it on the forum.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Re: Transmissions mounts

I had the same problem on my 46C, mine were sagging not seperated. I was also quoted around $800 each for the trans mounts and $1100 each for the forward engine mounts. We jacked up the engines, drilled 3 holes in each mount and put in hardened bolts. I was skeptical but it worked fine with no added vibration. I have since seen this done on several older Hatts and Bertrams with good results.
    Jack Sardina