Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Non Bleach Mildew Buster

Anybody used this?:

chompproducts.com/mildew.htm

A recent article in USPS Ensign states that it's good stuff. But you have to order it which I hate (if it's so good why is it not on the retail store's shelf?).

Responses are appreciated.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

2. Non Bleach Mildew Buster

Google can't find such a name...
    Why the interest when bleach and water is so cheap??

Re: Non Bleach Mildew Buster

Try -

http://www.chompproducts.com/marina_mildew.htm

Bleach, from what I'm told, can damage the stitching in canvas (ok stamoid).

BTW my Google search turned up some general info on Chomp which I will read today.

You may have indirectly led me to the info I was looking for!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Good old White Vinegar does wonders for mold and does not harm anything. You can also get it anywhere. Just mix it with some water.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I reviewed the MSDS sheet which doen't give any compistion info (most do). I would ask the sles rep prior to buying. More than likely this is along the same line as the "green cleaning" mildrew removers which are peroixde based. They work OK if the mildrew is not out of control as does vinegar. Our company has tried almost every green cleaner out there and most only do an "OK" job but cost 3 times as much. They work more as a mold & Mildrew inhibitor than an actual cleaner. At least thats what the sales rep told me when I complained...... Yes bleach is damaging to the seams, the fabric may hold up but the thread will not.

Ginger
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

I had mildew forming on the Weblon material that covers my bridge top.

I used Simple Green and water mixed wiped it down 1 time then put more on and let set for a few minutes then scrubbed with a stiff bristle brush. I was totally impressed, the top looked like a brand new one when we were finished. My Uncle is a canvas man and he told me that Simple green would not hurt the Weblon material. He said to use it on the whole boat with exception of the Isenglass. Told me to use Pledge no lemon them. So far everything he has said has worked well. I guess time will tell.
    Steve Fort
    1983 46-C HP series II
    "Way Maker"

Fort Myers, Florida