Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 53 ED For Sale

53 ED For Sale

I am selling my 1984 53 ED, she has been shed kept and freshwater since new. She has been continually updated yet retains all of her original teak interior. 871's with 1900 Hr's, the pictures are in the owners gallery under
    La Buena Vida. Asking 359000 will consider all offers. Call Jimmy at
    817 366-9265
    Last edited by James Elliott; 01-08-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Re: 53 ED For Sale

Aren't you on Lake Texoma? How do get a boat out of there?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You take it to the Arkansas river.

So that's all navigable? Someone told me there were no locks at out of Texoma.
    I'm sorry to hijack your sale thread, but I was just curious.

BTW, that is a beautiful 53ED. I have admired your photos in the gallery since you put them up there. Someone is going to get a great boat. Are you the original owner?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You have to truck it to the river about an hour I have heard. Thank you I love my boat, it is like staying in a 5 star hotel. I am not the original owner. He owned the largest marina on texoma and had a captain. I am third or fourth owner. They had a design group out of Dallas do the interior and my wife and I tweeked it.

I would consider a smaller sport fish or express in trade. Again all offers considered.

be aware of some out there trying to steal these boats! the good ones do and have sold at fair prices in the mid 300's , recently. even though market is soft, but the huge and seaworthy ed will always have no competition for its lenth and beam, while turning heads everywhere! print up a nice color brocure-I sold my boat this way, only to back out at last minute!!

Quote Originally Posted by James Elliott
    I am selling my 1984 53 ED, she has been shed kept and freshwater since new. She has been continually updated yet retains all of her original teak interior. 871's with 1900 Hr's, the pictures are in the owners gallery under
    La Buena Vida. Asking 359000 will consider all offers. Call Jimmy at
    817 366-9265
    James - I am in the market for a clean ED. where do you have specs listed with hours and systems info, logs , etc. thanks in advance. mal hill

James:

I am also after a 53ED but unfortunately your price is out of my league. It may well be fair and I wouldn't debate for one minute that your price is justified in your view. If you end up lowering your price I wouldn't mind chatting. I am just going through the several 53EDs listed on YW in the under $300k bracket. If you want to PM me to discuss, would be happy to chat with you but I just can't work my up to your price range. Sorry. Good luck in your sale.

Bill

James, I'm a newbie to this board, so just picked up this post. We are going to see this boat tomorrow. FYI, Yachtworld shows it having 671TI's with 1500 hours, 462 HP. ????. Which is it? Pictures are of 8's.

We are VERY early in the shopping process, but since we are (live) in Dallas, thought we'd take a quick look see. Next weekend, we'll be in Sarasota to check out the various Hatt MY's down there. In three weeks, I'll be in Palm Beach and SE FL.Our plan to is to cruise the boat on the east coast, using our second home in New Bern as a base.

I'll be glad to let you know off line or by phone what we think.

George
    Last edited by GJH; 03-02-2007 at 09:01 PM.