Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

43 dc holding tanks

Couldn't get a answer from hatt on the holding tanks (2) capacity on a 73 43 dc. So does anybody have those numbers handy. Thanks Bill

Re: 43 dc holding tanks

Mine are 135 gallons each. 1972 43DC.

Ted

I pulled my gravings out, which are blue prints. Fer u jung fellers these are pretty pixtures with blue ink, copied from the original drawings, made before these here com-pewters were invented. Drawings made by engineers with pencils (messy), rulers (triangular) , slide rules (no, that does not mean "slides" were in charge), and special paper, maybe "Mylar" (big deal plastic sheets when it came out)...ok, enough smart aleck notes. P.s, we went to the moon and back with that technology.

At any rate the drawing is for "Design H-4302, J. B. Hargrave Naval Architects, Inc., 205 1/2 Sixth St, West Palm Beach, Florida". Thought I would throw that in, cuz its cool...note no ZIP code!.

The drawing was originated in Oct, 1967, with many rev. notes, up to 1974. The aft holding tank callout is "Dwg No. D-132" and rated at "107 gal", while the forward tank callout is Dwg. No. D-134 rated at "84 gal". FWIW, The fresh water tank is callout "Dwg. No. D-93" rated at "135 gal".

This particular drawing is a full side view and top view of the hull and main elements. The side view is "purty" IMHO.

Again, this is for about a 1972 43' DCMY hull.
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 01-05-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: typo
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

My specs are listed in the front of the owners manual. My fresh water is 175 gallons. Be glad to scan the page and do a PDF.

Ted

REAL draftsmen used VELUM too! Before mylar--yikes! I wished my graving prints showed what yers does. Mine are just for cradle placement. Did you get yers from HATT or JBH? thanks, ws

Thanks for the replies. My waste tanks have never been hooked up. What do you folks (wanted to say guys, but i'm attempting to be more P.C.) think about using one as an additional water tank. Seems to me 84 gallons of waste is enough but since I intend to head to the bahamas next winter the extra water would be nice?Bill

Spartonboat1s figures seem to be about right with My 73/43. The front holding tank is smaller than the aft. I get about 3 weeks on the holding tanks before pumping. I don't know that I would like to keep that much water in my tanks in hot weather unless it was used as non potable water. Hot weather, hot tanks, warm water, cozy bugs.

BILL

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill
    REAL draftsmen used VELUM too! Before mylar--yikes! I wished my graving prints showed what yers does. Mine are just for cradle placement. Did you get yers from HATT or JBH? thanks, ws
    I did not do an actual count, but I must have about 20-25 separate prints that vary in size from about 12"x24" up to 3'x5' (yes, I will fail the test as to what print size were what letter indication, A, B, etc.). I have many electrical schematics, the fuel systems, aforementioned cradle specs, side and top plan views, and more. I being harrassed by the CPO to come see guests off, or I would post more info. Also, I believe the prints are from Hattaras, as far as I know, purchased by prior owner.
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 01-06-2007 at 02:46 PM. Reason: update
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

And used cuneiform Just give me a stick with some dirt, a soapstone and a tape measure. Hell, we can build anything !
    When I was a kid I had a job at Hendrickson Mfg--they built semi tractors and tandem suspensions. I came in one day and everyone was in awe about the new "computer". It was a giant calculator with a green LED readout.WOW ! We went to the bar after work to celebrate and play a game of air hockey. Pac Man hadnt caught on yet... ws