Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Please add the boat type,ie 53MY in Picture title

You know, it would be really helpful if under the title in the Gallery section, the type of boat was required. For instance, I want to look at certain boats, I do not know what is there by name only.

For instance:

50MY Antiguia
    or
    45CV Reel Time

Thanks

Re: Please add the boat type,ie 53MY in Picture title

Under the pictures in the photo gallery you will see the poster (member who posted the pictures). You can click on the member list to see which model that member listed when they registered.

Yes, but if the model type info is there, it would allow lookers to find pictures of the specific model or midels that they are looking for without having to go member to member.
    45C360-1970 ... "Good Bait" - Sag Harbor,NY
    31 Bertram Bahia Mar-1970 ... "Bertramp" - Ft Lauderdale
    21 Whaler Impact-1996 ... Ft Lauderdale, FL/Sag Harbor, NY

What If?

By using an advanced search of members I can pull up all the members with a specific model. If I then go to their profile I can find all of their threads and posts. Would it be possible to add a link to their gallery as well? Would this be a significant improvement, or not worth the effort? Just a thought.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Would it be possible to add a link to their gallery as well? Would this be a significant improvement, or not worth the effort? Just a thought.
    I had asked this here before never got a answer It would be Great if the galley was linked to member list. But as Scrod asked is it just too much to change or not possible at all??
    Thanks Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Unfortunatley, there is no way to accomplish this without modifying the software with a hack.

I did take a look at what it would take to do it and it is possible, but unfortunately would take quite a bit of work because the way I initially set up the site. The database which houses the forum content is seperate from the photopost database. That makes it pretty much impossible to do unless I completely reloaded the site and combined the two. Even then, it would still require the software hack.

In short, I probably can't make it happen anytime in the near future but I'll keep it in mind when the time comes that I have to upgrate the software anyway.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com