Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted - Head Sink for 53' MY

I need an original aft head sink for a 1976 53' MY. Does anyone have one for sale?

Re: Wanted - Head Sink for 53' MY

I plan on gutting one of the aft heads this spring 1974 58 TC. Offers, trades??

Is this the one?? These are the 2 center heads aft in the boat. ws

Bill, yep ... that's the one.

Both of the sinks cleaned up like new, but for a restoration, I'd say the faucets need replacing. I plan on eliminating one of the aft heads and putting in a large master and laundry facility. STAY on me about it. When do you need them?
    Bill @ yachtsman36@comcast.net 630 388 8882

Bill, it is a winter project for me, so the sooner the better. Please keep me in mind when you start your project. Also, I'd be interested in knowing your plans for combining the heads. Thanks. Nick

I was actually not planning on starting the job till the boat is home in Chicago. Stranger things have happened tho--. I plan on a trip there after 1-1-07 and if I get ambitious or feel wanton and destructive I may pull it out for you.
    If you look at the floor plan in the archives, youll see the claustrophobic layout that the 58 3sr has.The stupid hallway has got to go!! I intend to make a much larger stateroom with a master head, cut the mid SR in half with U&L bunks, and share the master head, and build a dedicated auxiliary machine space left over for a day genny (12kw), a.c. stuff, strainers, filters, pumps and EVERYTHING else I can pull from the engine room. I want nothing but 2 engines and a generator in there.
    Stay on me about the sink. Anything to trade?? ws

Bill, that certainly is an ambitious project. I'll be looking for updates! I've been thinking about combining the aft and mid heads into one large head with a bath tub. I'd still like the sink for now since the one in the aft head has a large crack in it. If/when you get to removing the sink, please let me know. Sorry, but I don't have anything to trade. I just bought the boat in July 2006, so I'm in "acquisition" mode right now.

Nick