Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Cadet Heat Registers

My '88 DC has 2 Cadet Heat (wall) Registers. From all appearances these seem to be OEM. They are not working. Only once about a year ago one came on and was shut off. Never could get it to work again. While the other (2) ships HVAC systems have satisfied our winter and summer needs it's time to address these devices - like a lot of us I like for everything on board to be in good working order, otherwise it's junk.

Has anybody had any experience with these things (before I blindly proceed to dismantle one )

Responses, as always, are appreciated,
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Cadet Heat Registers

I have one on each side of the aft deck built into the wall. There about 6 inches off of the floor. They are wired into breakers on the a/c panel. They have one rheostat to regulate the fans. I don't remember the manufactures name. They should not be that hard to tear into.

Bill

I owned a 1991 40' DC several years ago which had Cadet heaters installed as original equipment. There was a recall on these heaters which, as I recall, involved a safety switch and possibly some other parts. Cadet was very helpful on this, and you can find information regarding the recall on their web site under "upgrading heaters". http://www.cadetco.com/. Don't know if this is your problem or not, but a good place to start. These are very simple to replace parts on, and I would guess that Cadet can help you solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know)
    My '88 DC has 2 Cadet Heat (wall) Registers. From all appearances these seem to be OEM. They are not working. Only once about a year ago one came on and was shut off. Never could get it to work again.
    Solved the problem. While the owner's manuel makes no mention, there is a (3/32 allen) adjustment screw on he bottom of the thermostat switch housing. Adjusting this inward or outward affects the range of the switch control. They both are now working fine.

I wanted to reactivate this thread so as to provide my conclusion should someone else incounter this problem.

The only other remaining issue is that both (2) systems have their own breaker panel, but with 3 circuit breakers. Wires are marked "forward", "salon", and "master". But there IS NO Cadet Register in the MS. Maybe I'm missing something or perhaps Hatteras made provisions for 3 systems regardless of use (or not).
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

5. Re: Cadet Heat Registers

"..Wires are marked "forward", "salon", and "master"..."

Likely you mean "Breakers are marked..." Next time behind the electric panel, see if the "master" has wires...note color coding and maybe you can find it in the master if you need to...Hatteras will know where this WOULD have been installed and wires might be behind woodwork there...

Quote Originally Posted by REBrueckner
    Likely you mean "Breakers are marked..." Next time behind the electric panel, see if the "master" has wires...note color coding and maybe you can find it in the master if you need to...Hatteras will know where this WOULD have been installed and wires might be behind woodwork there...
    Actually the breakers are NOT marked. Only a taped label on the wires which, BTW, are not color coded.

An email to Hatteras might clear up "Master" wire.

Thanks.
    Capt'n Bill