Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Furuno Radar/Northstar GPS Interface Question

I have just interfaced my northstar 952 XW with my Furuno FCR 1040 radar and my Furuno C-500 heading sensor. All works fine with one exception. The lollipop on the radar displays the first waypoint immediately but if I switch waypoints on the Northstar, it takes 20 minutes for the lollipop on the radar to switch to the new waypoint. Any help would be appreciated to get this set up right. By the way, all other navdata sent from the Northstar to the radar changes in a timley fashion other than the lag in the lollipop.Thanks.

Re: Furuno Radar/Northstar GPS Interface Question

I suspect you need a heading indicator other than the GPS itself. Do you have an autopilot and does the radar get heading info from the autopilot fluxgate compass, if you have one? I seem to recall that Furuno radars need heading info from a source that gives them instantaneous heading data.....just a thought.

Re: Furuno Radar/Northstar GPS Interface Question

Thanks Jim. I bought a Furuno C-500 heading sensor just for this purpose. It outputs AD-10 which is what the Furuno radar needs.