Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

42 Hatteras from Lakes

I have a 1973 hatteras 42 convertible, which lived on the lakes until 4 seasons ago. Gas 325 Mercruisers, 6.5 Onan, Everything works, Air reverse cycle heat, Planned to repower to diesel, but now want to go larger. Boat is located in Maine. Come have a look! $80,000. kkoos@hypernet.com
    Last edited by mariner; 11-13-2006 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Need to leave e-mail

Question Re: 42 Hatteras from Lakes

Mariner....got anybody up there that does good repower work? Thinkin' maybe I'd have it repowered up there and take a loan out for the repower job + the boat cost.....
    Guys....Dumb Idea??????
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

Re: 42 Hatteras from Lakes

There are many viable options for a repower job, and documentation on expected performance from previous 42 repowers with Yanmar 440's and Cummins 450'c, along with several other less popular choices. The advantage with my hull is a cleaner engine room (no diesel smell from the past 30 years in boat), and the fresh water life (no pitting). Because the boat always had gas engines, she has less sea time then similiar models with diesel engines. She was built with the same 1 3/4 shafts, rudders etc. Through Hulls for raw water need to be increased, larger strainers, and Exhaust. All good ideas for making a known hull, a solid performer for years to come. kkoos@hypernet.com