Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIBS Rendevouz

1. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey Bubba,

Why don't you rent a Winnebagel and park in the parking lot at Denny's?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

C'mon-- ya'll get free water, electric and showers up at the truckstop on the highway!! ws

3. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

They got good restaurants there too, that's where all the truckers eat. I don't remember seeing any in FTL though.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

4. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

How far is the Acqualina Hotel from the show?
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Let me throw this into the suggestion pile for things to do: There is a $5,000 Costume contest at a bar on the ICW called Shooters that we attend every year. Lots of boats tie up, many more pass by and the quality of costumes is astounding. I missed last year b/c of the hurricane but the two preceding years it was great fun, so that is on my agenda for Saturday night. FYI: I am not suggesting a rendezvous at Shooters for us because the atmosphere is CRAZY and way too loud and people-packed, but it is a fun place to be that evening of the show for those looking for that sort of thing to fill their evening schedule....

I will be in town from Thursday evening to Tuesday morning and my cell is 504-669-5337. I always make sure to visit the Hatteras tent at some point but I am not sure which day I'd make it down there.

What is everyone thinking?

6. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I'm thinking Shooters would be a hoot! Like you said, maybe not for a sit down and drink and talk type place, but I'll go with you if you want company. Somebody else, BigBill I think, made a suggestion for another place for such a meet and greet.

I don't know the area very well, so I'll leave it up to everybody else as to where and when we'll all try to get together for at least one night that fits everyone's schedule. I'm booked Wednesday through Saturday, and will leave early Sunday morning for TN.

Looking forward to meeting you "son". Better hide that pony tail under your hat. That would make a dandy momento of our first date!

7. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Quote Originally Posted by Boss Lady
    How far is the Acqualina Hotel from the show?
    Hey Bubba, if you want a 6 star resort, it doesn't matter. Book yourself a room if they have one and take a cab to FLIBS and avoid all that parking hassel. That's what I am going to do.

PS Rent the penthouse and I'll come stay with you and chauffer you to the show in my hot rod Cadillac.

8. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey Randy,

I cut my ponytail off not long ago. There was supposed to be a professional hair cutter at the party, but she got sick and did not show, and we were gonna wait and cut it off, but after the white liquor came out, the party went down hill and the ponytail eventually fell victim to less than rational minds! LOL I cut it off for a change and to make some of my more conventional military clients feel more comfortable. Some of the older gray hairs think if you have long hair you are a bomb throwin hippie. Never mind that I fought in a half dozen countries from El Salvador, Colombia, Honduras, etc, and the 1st Gulf War during my career. I guess the hair makes the man in some people's minds. I guess these guys wouldn't have liked General Robert E. Lee or Custer either.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish

9. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I didn't know you used to sport a pony tail. I was teasing Byron about his. I've had hair down to my shoulders in my early days, but I never did the pony tail thing. I was a big headbanger in the 80's, and I never got over it.

I used to have a moustache too, but I shaved it several years ago just for the hell of it. It took my wife three days to figure out it was gone. She just looked at me funny one morning and said, "hey, you shaved your moustache".
    Yeah honey, three days ago!

Enough of this hygene stuff, you find a room or what?

10. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I can get the room, I still need some tickets. I will call Tom Slane tomorrow and see if he can get me a hook up.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish