Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FLIBS Rendevouz

1. FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey, it's 35 ffffriggin degrees here in TN this morning, and it's supposed to get even colder tonite. Helps with my sunburn from the CDR though. I made mention of this rendevouz in another thread, but thought it may need one of its own.

Looks like I'll be going to the show after all. Any of you guys (and gals) interested in a get together for a drink(s) and/or dinner? I figure we could do it the same way we did the CDR with a listing of cell numbers for interested parties. Someone with more local knowledge of FTL could suggest a meeting place.

I know that Pat Bustle (Liquid Assett) and GoozBoy will be coming too. My daytime number is 800/251-9992, and my cell is 865/617-6212. I'd like to meet as many members as possible on this trip. It's always fun to see how far off my mental image is on folks I talk to on the phone or by e-mail.

By the way, ThirdHatt says he'll pick up the tab for anyone brave enough to sit at my table!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I'm in. I'll refine that hopefully by early next week as to exactly what day(s) I can make it, but it's looking like Thu/Fri. The kids' sports sched always murders at least my Sat if not Sun. We're into playoffs now for all of their fall sports.

Cell 954-663-9691.

How 'bout we do this: those brave enough to post cell #s, do so, and try to put in what day(s) they'll be there. I'll do like Ang did for the CDR and compile a single message listing of same. Deal?
    -- Paul

3. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Works for me. I'll be coming in on Wednesday and leaving early Sunday as to attend my grandmother's 94th birthday that evening in TN. For anybody who is interested, there are still rooms available at Best Western Oakland Park in FTL. It's a litte out there, but the rates are cheap enough to more than offset cab fare with no parking hassels.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

4. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey, I just got off the phone a while ago with another member (don't know his stage name, and won't list his real one) who wants to join in on a get together at FLIBS.

What's wrong with the rest of you weenies? Let's all get together and give FTL something to remember. We won't cause ourselves any embarrassment as not to take away from our pride of Hatt ownership. But I guarantee you, we'll have a LARGE time.

Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I'll be there friday thru sunday, a drink with the forum group sounds good to me. bigbill 228 341 1275 the south coctail barge is always a good waterin hole

6. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Way to go LargeWilliam! We'll add your name and number to the list! See you at FLIBS and the pre-game/post-game parties.

7. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey Randy,

I am trying to clear my schedule so I can come down for FLIBS. I am looking for a nice hotel now, waiting on Amex travel services to make my arrangements. We need to get our show schedule and party plans organized.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

8. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Hey Bubba,

Hope you can make it. I'm staying at a Best Western in Oakland Park in FTL. It ain't nice (I don't guess) but I've got a spare bed if you don't mind me snoring.

You show up, and we'll make party plans as we party. Sometimes disorganized party plans are the best ones.

9. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

I will probably bring the Galley Slave with me, in that case she doesn't like slow room service, if she doesn't come we can batch it. Seriously, I don't get to goof off much, so I plan to stay somewhere that has service, like if I come home drunk and want breakfast at 0200 hours in the morning they will bring it. If there is a St Regis in Lauderdale, that is where I will be. I get a big laugh out of having a butler that speaks better english than I do. LOL

Chris
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish

10. Re: FLIBS Rendevouz

Crap!, I just got off the phone with them and the new St. Regis in Lauderdale does not open until December 15th, 2006. I will let you know what Amex comes up with.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish