Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD
    I promise I won't embarass you if we become neighbors!
    I've lived in the south all my life so I don't think a little "red " hurts anyone. As long as you do not walk around in Daisy Dukes and Cowboy Boots we will get along fine. One or the other is ok if that is what floats your boat.

There is not a whole lot to it. The name is Ft. Pierce Inlet Marina. It is a 40 slip marina which is simple and clean. It is not a country club by any means. Pump out and fuel are available at the next marina(50 yards away). You need to visit Ft. Pierce before comming over. It is still some what of a throw back of old Florida(thats why I like it). There are no shopping malls or other frilly stuff. We have a local "shallows" hang out across the way about 1/4 mile. The fishing is good inshore for the usual suspects( snook reds trout) offshore we are in a good location for sails sword phins hoos kings and the bottom dwellers. The gulf stream is about 14 miles out and West End is around 65 miles out.

The other places to check are www.Sailmiami.com and Sun Sentinal they have lots of dockage for South Florida

Made some calls for you, St.BERNARDBIRD. Your best (and perhaps only) bet over here would be Sands Harbor Hotel & Marina in Pompano Beach at Atlantic Blvd. Actually a pretty cool spot. It's a small marina, as far as they go, but in a nice little spot with walking distance to lots of good pubs & restaurants. Hotel has a pool, hot tub, nice outdoor patio bars, etc.

Your big problem here, even at marinas, is liveaboard. I called 3 places, and only Sands allows it. Their deal for your 58 would be $1653/mth, including water, elec & cable & phone.

Not cheap, I know, but everybody's telling me the next closest marinas that would allow liveaboards are Bahia Mar & Pier 66, and I gotta think they'd hurt you worse. You don't want to locate far from a decent inlet. Pier 66 and Bahia Mar have mammoth Port Everglades, of course, Sands is proximate to Hillsborough Inlet.

You can find MUCH cheaper facilities with people renting private docks, but liveaboards are strictly forbidden by all the towns. So, you'd have to add housing costs on top of whatever you pay for your slip.

You'd have to jump pretty quickly. The guy on the phone said by early Nov. they'll be booked up. Again, pretty small place.
    -- Paul

3. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Quote Originally Posted by thoward
    I've lived in the south all my life so I don't think a little "red " hurts anyone. As long as you do not walk around in Daisy Dukes and Cowboy Boots we will get along fine. One or the other is ok if that is what floats your boat.
    I'm passed my prime for Daisy Dukes (on me anyway). Are cut-off bib overalls acceptable if I wear drawers underneath? I had some custom Docksider cowboy boots made as to not blemish my (or anybody else's) deck.

Sounds like you are in a neat spot, I'll check it out. I'm not looking for frills and fancy ship. I enjoy hanging out with good ole' boys who appreciate the simple things in life. Hatts, Harleys, Grey Goose, Blonde women in thongs etc., etc.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

4. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45c
    Made some calls for you, St.BERNARDBIRD. Your best (and perhaps only) bet over here would be Sands Harbor Hotel & Marina in Pompano Beach at Atlantic Blvd. Actually a pretty cool spot. It's a small marina, as far as they go, but in a nice little spot with walking distance to lots of good pubs & restaurants. Hotel has a pool, hot tub, nice outdoor patio bars, etc.

Your big problem here, even at marinas, is liveaboard. I called 3 places, and only Sands allows it. Their deal for your 58 would be $1653/mth, including water, elec & cable & phone.

Not cheap, I know, but everybody's telling me the next closest marinas that would allow liveaboards are Bahia Mar & Pier 66, and I gotta think they'd hurt you worse. You don't want to locate far from a decent inlet. Pier 66 and Bahia Mar have mammoth Port Everglades, of course, Sands is proximate to Hillsborough Inlet.

You can find MUCH cheaper facilities with people renting private docks, but liveaboards are strictly forbidden by all the towns. So, you'd have to add housing costs on top of whatever you pay for your slip.

You'd have to jump pretty quickly. The guy on the phone said by early Nov. they'll be booked up. Again, pretty small place.
    Hey Bubba,

I knew I could count on you. Hey, I figure I could skirt the liveaboard issue due to the fact that I'll be on the boat less than half of the time seeing as how I'm running back and forth to TN.

That place in Pompano sounds pretty cool, but I'm commited to RD until May 1. That is of course assuming I can't sub-sub-lease my slip or just walk away with time still on the clock. I'm in there for $500 per month (less electricity), so I know I'm going to be in for some sticker shock on the right coast. Again, things could balance out in the long run. There's nothing to do in Palmetto but eat and drink, and I'm paying child support for the Bustle Boys!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

5. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Randy,

Slips are less money in Ft. Lauderdale than they are in Palmetto. The cost difference was the fuel was almost $2 more than in Palmetto, and Electricity was $.15 more a KWH. This is where you will get the sticker shock. But there are a lot of slips in Ft. Lauderdale to be had at good reasonable rates.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

Wow, and I thought I was paying a lot here in Miami! I pay $1,040/month for my 58' MY, which includes electricity and water. And I am liveaboard. There is no better view of the city, especially at night, than from my boat.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

7. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Hey Ang, are there any slips available in your marina? You can pretend like you don't know me, and I promise I won't come over to borrow a cup of vodka.

That rate sounds pretty good especially given the fact it includes electricity. My power bill alone at RD would be over $200 mo if I kept the AC's on when I was away.

See we'lll get along just fine....I'll stay out of your Grey Goose and you stay out of my Crown. There is a good hang out up here called Archie's. It usually has a ton of bikes but it is not a full out "biker bar". It is a nice place to get a burger and a beer but I got over the whole bike thing many years ago. As far as women, I only have eyes for my wife . But, I hear there are a few hotties around these parts. Nothing like Palm Beach South though.

9. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Hey Bubba, Crown is my official winter time drink. My Goose usually flies south for the winter. But now that I am south, my Goose may just work year round. I'll just gargle with Crown to keep my pH balanced.

I like riding my Hog, but I'm not a "biker". I used to ride my Dad's bikes out in the country around the house when I was younger. Blame it on middle age crazy, but I didn't buy my first bike (Hog) until '03, and now I'm on my 3rd (Hog).

Just got off the phone with Pat Bustle, my neighbor at RD. Seems his deal on his slip is falling through in December, and he wants my slip. Looks like my time table just got pushed up. I may just have to drop by your way and work my way south to see what I can see.

Hey all you other east coasters, help me find a new home for FREEBIRD!!!

Getting a slip at Rickenbacker is very time-oriented. If there is a slip available, you have to be ready to rent it right there on the spot, because it will be gone tomorrow. So, it won't do any good for me to ask for you if you're not ready to rent it until December or April, whatever your time table is. MarioG got me in the door there, but I had to rent the slip on the spot, even though I had not closed on the boat yet! Given the difficulties of getting a slip in Miami (it's all about who ya know to get one), I rented the slip on the spot without a boat. Moved the boat in about 45 days later. I can inquire, but you need to be ready first.
    Last edited by Angela; 10-13-2006 at 03:09 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com