Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Non Hatteras Boat Question 1966 Seabird

i own a 1973 21 seabird, great boat. it is balsa cored in the deck, the hull sides and the floor, not the hull bottom. my bird was a i/o, i converted it to an outboard with a bracket. i run a 250 hp johnson, she tops out at 50 mph, cruises about 34 mph. there are several in my area, we had a seabird dealership in pass christian ms. in the early to mid 70s. 21 seabird, and a 58 hatt yf what else can you need bigbill

look man I can help you its too small if you cant make it to the minum 28ft your on your one
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

I hate to be the one to put him to bed but I didnt want him to waist his time
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

I'm missing what your saying Carl

Earlier this season I sold a 23 Mako straight inboard of the same vintage. I had bought it while getting divorced and thought that it might be the only boat that I could wind up with at the end of it all. My wife's attorney was an old (now ex) boat buddy of mine (60 Hatt - "Off the Record" - Huntington, NY) .... anyway, I wound up selling it for very little. The market for center consoles is those that want to go 30 knots bare minimum. The straight inboard ones don't do that, so if you buy it .... make sure that you like it, 'cause selling 'em is tought. Hence the almost give-away price that you are looking at. IMHO ...ya wanna be big and tough or small and fast !

BE CAREFUL!! That's not a "SeaBird" SeaBird. That's some other manufacturer's seabird model. C RAY HUNT designed SeaBirds (which you want) have noticable tumblehome at the transom, as well as very pronounced flair at the bow. That boat has neither.

i agree seaswick, my bird [the dirty bird] has both tumblehome and bow flair. if i remember right the older birds have more flair than the hull that i have. does anyone know the website for the seabirds? these boats were made in hialeah florida, they should have quite a few in that area if anyone is looking. bigbill