Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Re: Blue Note repower thread

I don't know if Blue Note is lighter than Baby Grand. But- I had the bottom soda blasted and they rolled on another coat of Interlux Interprotect before the bottom paint, which is a hard antifouling- been a while since I used that, but it is slicker than ablative. The interior is still out of the boat, but she has nearly a full load of fuel on board, and lots of leftover stuff and various hardware items from the Caterpillar setup- I need to get that all out of there, which I have been working on. Etc etc etc.

I am very keen on the idea of a rendezvous for the little guys. I need to see what October looks like; would that work for you all? September is already full of various things, including a CYCA rendezvous at St. Michaels which is worth coming up for even if you are not a CYCA member; it is always the best attended of all of our get-togethers and everyone dolls their boat up for the final event of the year.

Jim, thanks. Except for a SIYC cruise to Tilghman Island 19-21, October is open for us. Early in the month is a little safer on the weather/winds.

Best Regards, Bob K

Talking Re: Blue Note repower thread

Well a cruise to Calverts in Solomons would be a short one for me, about 300 yards, but it would be nice to see all the other RO's if it works.

Bob & Jim,
    wondering if you could post pics of your respective exhaust elbows/mixers port and stbd.

I'm under contract on a 36c that was repowered with 6bta/300s in 1994 (I believe). would like to compare how the pro's are doing this setup today and compare the installation to my prospective rig.

super thread.
    good contribution all around.
    Matt

I'll try to. We have a survey this Friday (tomorrow) and I will try to get some photos shot.