Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: FLIBS...Who's going?

We will be going...Is there anything that is a must do or see? I really want to see the interiors of some big Sportfishers and the latest greatest fishing tackle. Beyond that I have no priorities unless I come across a beer stand or five.

2. Re: FLIBS...Who's going?

Hey, I'm going to try to make it if my TN to FL to TN to FL schedule lets me. I'm with Karl on the hotel rate issue.

Do they do serious boat by boat checks for sleepover stowaways at that show? Anybody have an extra bedroom they'd rent out cheap?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

One thing that folks should realize about FLIBS if they have not been to a show like this is that to get on most of the in-water boats, you will need a broker with you to take you on board. Very few will let just anyone come on board to ckeck out a boat without your broker and certainly none of the megayachts will allow sightseeing without a broker.

So Randy, unless you can get Pat to bring you on one and leave you there, you won't be able to be a stowaway. Sorry!

I plan to attend. It was great last year without the crowds, I bet it will be a zoo this year.

Watch out for scam parking I went near a hotel on the beach ,North side of the boat show where the big boats where at and they wanted $ 60-90 to park I drove over a small bridge and found three story parking for $10-15 it was about 5 blocks walk but worth the savings
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

6. Re: FLIBS...Who's going?

Yeah, I was there four or five years ago for some other purpose (not show related) and tried to stop in for an afternoon.

All the lots that were "city owned" were full. The private ones all wanted fifty bucks to allow me to park my car.

Needless to say I didn't, and considering that I was fixing to spend over $5,000 on electronics on a full refit of Gigabite's panel at the time, that sort of game cost the vendors in the show my money as well.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

7. Re: FLIBS...Who's going?

Looks like I'll be going to the show after all. Any of you guys (and gals) interested in a get together for a drink(s) and/or dinner? I figure we could do it the same way we did the CDR with a listing of cell numbers for interested parties. Someone with more local knowledge of FTL could suggest a meeting place.

I know that Pat Bustle (Liquid Assett) and GoozBoy will be coming too. My daytime number is 800/251-9992, and my cell is 865/617-6212. I'd like to meet as many members as possible on this trip. It's always fun to see how far off my mental image is on folks I talk to on the phone or by e-mail.

By the way, ThirdHatt says he'll pick up the tab for anyone brave enough to sit at my table!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

We will be there but not sure how much, it really depends on the weather. I've got an itch for some sword steaks.......

I'll take him up on that if my parole officer allows it.

10. Re: FLIBS...Who's going?

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb
    I'll take him up on that if my parole officer allows it.
    Hey, tell your parole officer you have to attend a wedding. I'm sure I'll make at least 2-3 proposals while I'm down there! If I find me a good lookin' single girl with a megayacht and mega......oops, forget that, I may just offer her my virginity!